Test Data Manager

View Only
  • 1.  FDM Masking

Posted Nov 10, 2020 09:45 AM
    Hi,

I have the following use case while masking with FDM (version 4.9). I have to mask Table C.

Table A: First name         Last name (already masked)   
                       CA                  TDM

Table C:  Full name           - this table does not have first and last name columns. It only has 1 column with name, that is full name column. 
                      CA TDM 

The relationship between table A and Table C is established via Table B.
    I need to concatenate masked first name and last name from table A and assign it to table C, full name column.

Please advice.

• 2.  RE: FDM Masking

Posted Nov 10, 2020 11:22 PM
    Hi Broadcom Support Team,

Any thoughts?

Thx,
    John Smith

• 3.  RE: FDM Masking

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2020 05:32 AM
    John you mentioned that the relationship is established by table B.  Could you explain?  Is there a column in Table A with unique values and matches up with a column in TableC?  like an account code or id

• 4.  RE: FDM Masking

Posted Nov 11, 2020 08:53 AM
    Hi Billy,

Here is how the relationship is built : 

Table  B (ACCOUNTID)  - Table C ((ID)
    Table  B (CONTACTID)  - Table A ( ID)

Table A is already masked which has first name and last name.
    Table C needs to be masked which has fullname column. 

• 5.  RE: FDM Masking

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2020 10:49 AM
    So it is not a case of running the masking job again for table A and then for Table C.   Also I am guessing that accountid and contactid are not equal.

• 6.  RE: FDM Masking

Posted Nov 11, 2020 10:53 AM
    That's correct. Do you suggest any SQL function or any other algorithm in this case?

• 7.  RE: FDM Masking

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2020 03:36 AM
    Because there is no link between the fields I think the only way forward masking wise would be to use FDM's xref.  However setting this up might be a bit tricky.  Playing around with SQL, I think this query will get the job done for you.
    update ccccc set fullname = CONCAT(Firstname, ' ', Lastname) from aaaaa, ccccc, bbbbb where aaaaa.id = bbbbb.contactid and ccccc.id = bbbbb.accountid