Layer7 API Management

View Only
  • 1.  JMS poll Service Enable/Disable

Posted Nov 06, 2018 04:33 PM

Hi,

We have requirement to poll messages from JMS queue/Topic and post messages to target HTTP and also message to be retrievwed in queue till policy completed successfully. Which I could by using "On Completion" under Inbound option tab of "Manage JMS Destinations/Inbound".

But in some situations when target HTTP service is not reachable due to some issues, JMS service is keep polling the message and transactions are getting logged. Do we have any way so we can disable and enable message polling from queue dynamically based on the target HTTP service availability

Regards,

Tarunraj

• 2.  Re: JMS poll Service Enable/Disable
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2018 02:40 AM

Hi Tarunraj,

How about switching enable/disable by the REST Management API (https://docops.ca.com/ca-api-gateway/9-3/en/apis-and-toolkits/rest-management-api)?
    I was able to check/uncheck the "Stop listening on this destination" checkbox in "Inbound Options" tab in "JMS Destination Properties" by using the API.

Best regards,

Seiji

• 3.  RE: Re: JMS poll Service Enable/Disable

Posted Oct 21, 2021 07:43 AM
    Hello Seiji,

We also have the same requirement that is mentioned by Tarunraj in the initial thread. We tried the solution posted by you but some how not able to get through. Could you pls share the procedure for the same?

Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Re: JMS poll Service Enable/Disable

Posted Oct 21, 2021 07:48 AM
    Hi Seiji,

Can you pls share the xml payload for put call as well?

Thanks,
    APurva

• 5.  Re: JMS poll Service Enable/Disable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2018 04:07 AM

Hi Tarunraj,

Did the answer Seiji gave help you along? Do you have any further questions on this subject?

Please mark Seiji's answer as correct, if that is what you needed.

Thanks

Conny

• 6.  Re: JMS poll Service Enable/Disable

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2018 11:33 AM

Hi 
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk