Test Data Manager

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Self Service Catalog for Generator

• 1.  Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 10, 2020 06:01 AM

Hi,

I am trying to create a Self Service Catalog for Generator. For which I created a Generator with all the pre-requisites and configurations. But still I am not able to find any entry in self-service catalog. Details and screenshots followed

Test Data Manager Portal version : 4.9.100.4

• 2.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 09:03 AM
    Hi,

Have you create a Self Service Catalog form in ARD? 

For a self service catalog offering that can initiate a data generation you need to create a Self service form in Agile Requirements Designer (ARD)

------------------------------
    Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 10, 2020 09:24 AM
    Thanks Kieth for the response.
    Is there any documentation available for creating Self Service Catalog form in ARD?

• 4.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 09:07 AM
    you might want to review this.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/test-data-management/4-9/provisioning-test-data/generate-synthetic-test-data/generate-data-using-the-ca-tdm-portal/publish-data-using-the-ca-tdm-portal/create-and-manage-generator-configurations.html

Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 5.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 10, 2020 09:27 AM
    Hi Gene,

Thanks for sharing the inputs, yes I did followed process mentioned in the above space. But still I am not able to see Generators in Self-service catalog. May be as mentioned by Kieth I have to do it via ARD. Looking forward for the knowledge documents (if any)

• 6.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 10:18 AM
    I believe this should help
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/devops/test-data-management/4-9/getting-started/resources/ca-tdm-tutorial-videos.html#concept.dita_49e7f47087f4ca078b4961d8dee1eb449f9f3f4f_catdmportalreservedatausingcaardforms

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 10, 2020 10:55 AM

Hey Gene,

No I dont find any solution in the link you shared. As you can see in the screenshots attached(in the main query), I am able to publish the Generators when I am operating them manually from the Generators Catalog. But for the same I wanted to create a self service catalog entry in order to make it available for my testers. In the link you shared it describes about Find & Reserve self-service catalog which I am also able to achieve. But my issue is with creating serf-service generators. 

Also I am not able to see ARD in the product downloads as well.

• 8.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 10:59 AM

HI Ajay,

As Keith mentioned you can not just create a generator check the box for self-service and have a tile appear.
    This is now how the product is designed.

In order to have a generator display on the self-service tile, you must use ARD to create a flow and publish that flow.

If you do not see Agile Reports Designer in your downloads you will need to check with your account manager to understand if you have a license for it to be able to use it.

Gene Howard
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 10, 2020 12:00 PM
    Ajay, on the download page, find the SKU - DM: Test Data Manager for Test Data on Demand MULTI-PLATFORM.  Select the release 4.9 and click on Test Data Manager for Test Data on Demand MULTI-PLATFORM.  If the licenses are ok, you should see ARD in the list.

• 10.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 11, 2020 06:38 AM
    Hi Billy,

Thanks alot for your detailed response. Now I managed to install Agile Designer 3.1.1.2.

Can you also please guide me how I can create a flow for generator (I already created generator in TDM Portal and is working) and make it available in Self Service catalog ?

• 11.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2020 08:10 AM
    Hi,

This video shows the steps for creating a Test data generation self service catalog offering:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AQeKTun_mg&list=PLJEFC2Nipj9ekkv7huOR_uLqAfawFeoSz&index=3

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 11, 2020 08:53 AM
    Edited by Ajay Kachottil Nov 11, 2020 01:55 PM
    Hi Keith,

Thanks for sharing the video. I was following the instructions in the video to connect ARD with TDM Repository, for which TDOD(Test Data On Demand) is mandatory. I installed TDOD successfully but I am not able to start the service in my machine. I am getting the below error message while starting the service.

I do configured the TDOD properly and established the connection successfully but still not able to start the service

• 13.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2020 09:14 AM
    unless you removed it for security reason, the data source is blank.  this points to the oracle database.  if you have specified a value, have a look in this folder, C:\Grid-Tools\TDoD\TDoD_Service\logs  (value if not changed during the install).  there should be a tdod log file that hopefully sheds a bit more light on the problem.

• 14.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2020 09:17 AM
    Hi,

For the Self Service catalog publishing you can use the Portal end point Instead of us the TDod Service. The URL is your portal URL followed by TDMService. 

i.e

https://tdmserver:8443/TDMService
         http://tdmserver:8080/TDMService

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 15.  RE: Self Service Catalog for Generator

Posted Nov 11, 2020 01:56 PM
    Thanks Keith for your support. Its worked fine.