Rally Software

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CA agile central connector for MS SQL  - Fields like (Plan Estimate, Task Estimate, ToDo) are getting rounded to the whole number after extracting into SQL Server

• 1.  CA agile central connector for MS SQL  - Fields like (Plan Estimate, Task Estimate, ToDo) are getting rounded to the whole number after extracting into SQL Server

Posted Mar 14, 2019 07:36 PM

Am using CA Agile central database connector for MS SQL to extract the data from CA Agile to SQL.

For entities like 'Task', the Fields (Plan Estimate, Actuals, Task Estimate, ToDo, etc) are getting rounded to the whole number after getting extracted into SQL Server. Originally, these are Decimal point fields, however, are getting converted into 'Numeric'. The Data type for the column in SQL Server is 'Numeric'

E.g.    8.5 is rounded to 9,  8.25 rounded to 8

This is resulting in the incorrect data getting extracted to SQL from CA Agile and does'nt match up.

Any help to mitigate this critical issue will be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  Re: CA agile central connector for MS SQL  - Fields like (Plan Estimate, Task Estimate, ToDo) are getting rounded to the whole number after extracting into SQL Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2019 05:57 PM

Hi Vishal,

Sorry this is so late in replying; I was just made aware of this post.

I've been looking at the code a little and it appears that the SQL type is determined when the table is created.  It appears to be based upon the data type that in the CSV file.

I'm wondering if when the table was initially created if there was no DECIMAL data in the CSV file.  Is your config file set up to drop the table when the script runs? 

• 3.  Re: CA agile central connector for MS SQL  - Fields like (Plan Estimate, Task Estimate, ToDo) are getting rounded to the whole number after extracting into SQL Server

Posted Mar 29, 2019 06:34 PM

Hello David,

Thanks for your reply. Greatly appreciate it.

I have tried manually dropping the table and re-running the script but with the same result.

I have also noticed that all the Floating point fields like (Plan Estimate, Actuals, Task Estimate, ToDo, etc) are getting rounded to the whole number after getting extracted into SQL Server.

The SQL server creates a Numeric column to save it. Wondering if this could be a precision and scale issue ?

Reagrds,

Vishal