Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Action item Assignee change

Posted Apr 05, 2018 09:39 AM

I have few cost plan related actions assigned to a user for approval. Now i want to change the assignee to a different user.  Is there any XOG available to read the action item and rewrite it appropriately. Or is there any other method which would solve the issue.

On my dev environment, i produced a similar case and in the back-end, i edited the table "CAL_ACTION_ITEM_ASSIGNEES" to point to different assignee.

The new assignee however can see the action item and approve it also, but for some reason he cannot add notes nor the process goes to the next required step, also the new assignee can reopen the already approved action again.

An suggestions would be appreciate.

Best regards,

Aleem

• 2.  Re: Action item Assignee change
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 16, 2018 09:13 AM

Aleem, I don't think there is any way available to change the action item assignee via xog . Although we can read and write the action item using the xog it will work only for the logged in user. Refer the below code to read and write the action item:

Read:

<NikuDataBus>
         <Header action="read" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="actionItemApproval" version="12.0"/>
    </NikuDataBus>

Write:

<NikuDataBus>
    <Header action="write" externalSource="NIKU" objectType="actionItemApproval" version="15.2.0.213"/>
    <actionItemApprovals>
    <actionItemApproval actionItemDbId="<actionItemDbID>" assigneeDbId="<assigneeDbId>" processDbId="<processDbId>" status="CAL_OPEN">
    </actionItemApproval>
    </actionItemApprovals>
    </NikuDataBus>

In your case if you want to change the assignee what you can do is create an attribute let say 'change_assignee' that when checked close the action item for 1st user and after that create a new action item that will get dynamic value to send action item in the process. You can refer the below link to see how to assignee change user to action item.

Timesheet action items via GEL/XOG or dynamic assignees?