Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Timesheet process for Other Work

Posted Nov 02, 2017 10:13 AM

Hello,

I am looking to create a process on timesheets for Other work. I want to set the Charge code based on which Input Type Code is chosen.

I'd also like to make the Input Type Code view only for Projects on the timesheets AND the Charge Code view only for BOTH projects and Other work. Any Ideas???

Any help would be much appreciated!

• 2.  Re: Timesheet process for Other Work
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 13, 2017 05:10 PM

Setting the Input Type Code based on Charge Code -> This is possible by creating a process based on timesheet (Submit event) and use a Custom Script (GEL) and XOG to update the time entry records (input type code) as needed.

Making Input Type Code and Charge Code View Only -> This is NOT possible without Customization. You may have to edit the xbls and pmd files. Such customization are not recommended and supported by CA.

Hope it helps.

• 3.  Re: Timesheet process for Other Work

Posted Nov 14, 2017 12:22 AM

Making “Input Type and Charge Code” view only will involve server file changes, which is not recommended/supported by CA.

However, if you still want this functionality then I will suggest you to look into a file timesheetTemplate.xsl under location $Clarity_Home/META-INF\timeadmin\vxsl\timesheets.

This file contains timesheet object’s properties for the UI, where you can explore the possibility to make these fields view only.