CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Posted Dec 31, 2014 04:54 PM

Service Desk Manager 12.9 AA

Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in partitions?  I tried to add the usp_resolution_code table, but I get the error Ignoring insert notification to Create constraint dcon:400654 for data partition Tru Partition (dmn:400010) that references Unknown Controlled_Table ctab:400001

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Posted Jan 02, 2015 02:52 AM

Did you restart Sevice Desk Manager after adding the controlled table?  This has worked for me in the past.

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2015 04:25 PM

Kevin, can you give some more details? Like is "resocode" the

object? etc. You can pdm_extract and post the record here. Thanks _Chi

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 02, 2015 05:37 PM

Kevin:

I got this to work on 12.9 AA.  I did:

1)  pdm_extract -f "SELECT del, desc, obj_name, sym  FROM Controlled_Table WHERE obj_name='cr'" > control.txt

2)  edit control.txt replacing cr with resocode; replace Call_Req with usp_resolution_code and the desc

3)  pdm_userload -f control.txt

4)  Recycle all servers with failover

5)  Build DP.

Good luck.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Posted Jan 06, 2015 01:42 AM

Although this may be working for some tables, it is considered a customization not officially supported. So use with caution

• 6.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Posted Dec 10, 2015 11:57 AM

Hello Brian!

If it is considered a customization, maybe this document deserve an update, don't you think?

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec591368.aspx

• 7.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Posted Nov 14, 2016 02:26 PM

ok, did a bit different,

TABLE Controlled_Table
     del desc obj_name sym
     { "0" ,"Company" , "ca_cmpny" ,"ca_company" }

pdm_userload -v -f company.txt

loaded, no recycle of services were necessary, table was available...

if not available do not remember the command, there is a command to refresh the table

• 8.  Re: Is it possible to add tables to the Controlled_Tables table and use them in data partititons?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2016 03:50 PM

pdm_cache_refresh on the Controlled_Table