View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Merging transactions into old VSM

• 1.  Merging transactions into old VSM

Posted Sep 18, 2019 08:08 AM
    Hi All,

Greetings for the day!

I always face this question.
    I have a web-service simulated which has couple of transactions.
    And in future if i get couple of new request/response pairs and if i have to update the old service with couple of new transactions, what can be done except copying the new transactions for new service to old service.

Could you please suggest.

Thanks!

Regards,
    Girija K.

• 2.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Posted Sep 18, 2019 08:48 AM

Hi,

Are you talking portal or workstation?

For workstation; once you processed the new req-rsp pairs into a new VSI (you can if you want only create a VSI using the wizard, no need to also create a new VSM) then you can merge that new VSI into your old VSI.

For portal I believe you can upload additional request response pairs into an existing virtual service (but not sure about that, needs to be confirmed by someone else)

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.

• 3.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 09:33 AM
    Yes Danny, this can be done from Portal as well. We have the ability to augment a virtual service by importing RR pairs from Manage virtual services section.

------------------------------
    Sankar Natarajan
    Service Virtualization Product Engineering Team
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Posted Sep 18, 2019 11:54 AM
    In the workstation "create new VS Image" you can select an existing VSI and select "merge into". Is that not what you are looking for?

Cheers,
    Danny

• 5.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 19, 2019 06:20 AM
    Thanks Danny!.

I got what the mistake i was doing. It worked now.

Regards,
    Girija K.

• 6.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 11:45 AM
    For SV 10.5, we have an API call that will let you Update an existing VS.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/continuous-testing/devtest-solutions/10-5/using/using-the-apis/service-virtualization-api-v3.html

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company

• 7.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Posted Jan 08, 2020 08:02 AM
    Does the API call updates the response for a particular request?

• 8.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 18, 2019 12:30 PM
    We recommend merging similar transactions into the same VSI and you may or may not need to change the VSM based on what DPH's you are using.

For example, if you are using Web Services Soap, then you don't need to modify anythng and you can use the existing VSM.

If you are using REST DPH, Generic XML Payload Parser, Request Data Manager then you might need to modify the DPH's based on the new transactions.
    For example, in REST DPH, you need add the URI rules for the new transactions.

Yes , in Portal you can import new transactions to existing VSI. https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/continuous-testing/devtest-solutions/10-5/using/using-service-virtualization/using-devtest-portal-with-service-virtualization/edit-virtual-services/update-a-virtual-service-manually/import-request-response-pairs.html

• 9.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Posted Sep 19, 2019 05:59 AM
    Hi Girija,

I have done it using 10.5 APIs, it works fine and a quite straight forward process.

Kind Regards,
    Vaibhav J

Regards,
    Vaibhav Jain
    Capgemini

• 10.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Posted Sep 19, 2019 06:21 AM
    Thank you Vaibhav!

But unfortunately am using 10.1 version.

Regards,
    Girija K.

• 11.  RE: Merging transactions into old VSM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 19, 2019 10:22 AM
    @Girija Kotturu you are probably aware of the fact that SV 10.1 is no longer supported and has been out of support for quite some time now. 

Any concerns upgrading to the latest 10.5?

Thanks,
     - Koustubh​

Head of Product Management: Service Virtualization
    CA Technologies - A Broadcom Company