Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 11:21 AM
    A new User Settings experience is now available in our split view panel for all Agile Central subscriptions. This new feature delivers a quick and easy way to update your user profile at any given time. Simply click on your avatar in the right hand corner, select "Edit Profile" and begin revising your user profile. Same fields, same functionality -- new modern experience. 
    Additionally, you will find that "My Settings" now defaults to Permissions with a new permissions grid. This view grid allows users to view total permissions and each workspace, Project, and Permission a user has access to. 
    As always, Agile Central welcomes your feedback. Thank you for your time and we hope to continue building awesome features to deliver to our amazing customers.

• 2.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:10 PM

Very Nice!!  I'm impressed.  The way the Profile Image is displayed is very flattering.

Is the "Templates" button or the New function setup?  I'm not getting any response when I try, nor my Admin.

• 3.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:58 PM

The New, Copy, Delete, and Template options showing there seems like a defect to me. New, Copy, and Delete shouldn't show up on the Edit Profile unless you were going to create a copy of yourself, which you wouldn't do.

The Templates button should only be displayed if you had Work Item Templates .. which aren't toggled on for everyone as it's a closed beta for now. 

My guess is that this is because we are working on a a "Users" QDP that would leverage those options and this is just a preview of that.

Either way, I'll submit a defect for glola01's team to get that stuff fixed.  

• 4.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 04:01 PM

The copy was inactive/grayed out, if that's any consolation.  I am too superstitious to attempt to Delete myself.

Mouse Click

• 5.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 02:41 PM

I like it, but did I miss an announcement this was coming?

• 6.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 04:02 PM

I had the same thought.

• 7.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 17, 2018 05:24 PM

I saw a sneak peek of this during the RoadMap call they had last Friday. https://www.ca.com/us/product-roadmaps.html

• 8.  Re: New User Settings Experience

Posted Apr 25, 2018 11:48 AM

This is great, like the new User feature!

Is it in the Roadmap to allow users to be able to "remove" certain access (i.e. Editor, Project Admin, Team Member)? We currently have thousands of projects and we would not want the users to have the ability to "add" access of any sort, however, the remove option might be helpful as it it a manual process currently for our Workspace Admins. 

Thank you!