Symantec Privileged Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  Management Console - Patch upload is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2020 01:26 PM
    Dears,
    I have just installed a fresh PAM 3.4 Cluster and on top I added a Management Console (v3.4 as well). The first test I wanted to do is to upload a patch and to upgrade both appliances in the Cluster.
    I am using the 3.4.1 upgrade patch file published on BC site (https://support.broadcom.com/external/content/release-announcements/CA-Privileged-Access-Manager-Solutions--Patches/5929) but there is no way to upload the patch on the MC.

I tried to upload the zip and cannot be extracted, I uploaded the .bin (as always) but receives the error "PAM-UI-2730: Patch file name does not confirm with standard". Same situation after renaming the patch with a 0 at the end before .p.bin (CAPAM_3.4.1.0.p.bin).
    Then I unzipped the provided file and zipped back by myself (WIn compressed folder) and it has been the best case so far, but still not uploaded with error "Missing metadata MAXVERSION".

Now I finished the possible options and, as last test, I verified successfully that the .bin file can normally be uploaded as patch under the Configuration-Upgrade on all three appliances.

Any hints? Do you have experienced the same issue/problem?

Regards,
    Dario

• 2.  RE: Management Console - Patch upload is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 06, 2020 12:46 AM
    Hello Dario, To the Management Console you upload the zip file rather than extracting and uploading the .bin file. See new KB https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=196667 written just today by a team member, who successfully uploaded the zip file to a MC.

• 3.  RE: Management Console - Patch upload is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 09, 2020 02:25 AM
    Thanks Ralf, appreciated.
    I wrote in my initial post that I tried also to upload the .zip file directly. With these results:
    "I tried to upload the zip and cannot be extractedThen I unzipped the provided file and zipped back by myself (Win compressed folder) and it has been the best case so far, but still not uploaded with error "Missing metadata MAXVERSION"."