Symantec Access Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DSA_I3420 The DXgrid .db file failed to load as it contains the object identifier '(1.3.6.x.x.x)' which is not defined in the directory schema.

• 1.  DSA_I3420 The DXgrid .db file failed to load as it contains the object identifier '(1.3.6.x.x.x)' which is not defined in the directory schema.

Posted Feb 16, 2016 12:03 PM

We have removed all the values that we could find using LDAP and yet when we try to start dxserver (with the schema commented out in the dxi file we get the error:

DSA_I3420 The DXgrid .db file failed to load as it contains the object identifier '(1.3.6.x.x.x)' which is not defined in the directory schema.

LDAP searches for the (1.3.6.x.x.x=*) returns no results.

Any Ideas?

Thanks

0jim

• 2.  Re: DSA_I3420 The DXgrid .db file failed to load as it contains the object identifier '(1.3.6.x.x.x)' which is not defined in the directory schema.

Posted Feb 16, 2016 06:05 PM

Hi 0jim,

When an attribute is used in directory, an internal reference (attribute identifier) is added to the grid file. The reference remains even when all values for that attribute have been removed.

The only way to remove this reference is to:

* stop the DSA

* dump the datastore to LDIF via dxdumpdb

* grep the dumped LDIF file to ensure there are no other occurrences of the attribute

* remove the attribute from your directory schema

* load the dumped LDIF via dxloaddb

* Start the DSA

Hope that helps!

Thanks,

Justin