Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Bulk change schedule state and status on defects

Posted Jul 21, 2017 11:06 AM

Hi,

I want to clean-up rally and got a list of defects (50 id's) and want to use a script to change their status and schedule state.

is it possible?

tx,

Loredan

• 2.  Re: Bulk change schedule state and status on defects

Posted Jul 21, 2017 12:01 PM

Hi Loredan, you certainly can use a #webservicesapi(wsapi) script to do this, but that might be more trouble than it's work for only ~50 defects. 

Instead, I'd use the Custom List app to perform those bulk updates! Here's how I do it:

• 3.  Re: Bulk change schedule state and status on defects

Posted Jul 21, 2017 12:48 PM

Thanks John for quick and good hints.

I think that the solution for me will be to build a query which will contain my known ID's  and then apply the bulk change

Can you help to indicate if that is possible and how would the SQL query looks like?

SO far I got no success using something like: (.FormattedID = "DExxxxx")

• 4.  Re: Bulk change schedule state and status on defects

Posted Jul 21, 2017 01:58 PM

Again I'd have to try to push you to use the app on the front-end rather than the query on the back end as it's WAY easier. That query language isn't quite SQL and is very touchy.  That's why we have this app instead.

There are numerous filter that you can employ to drill down to the stories you're looking for. If you really wanted to filter on Formatted ID, you could even do that! And if your filters get really crazy, you can set up filter logic if you want. Check out the filters section of the Help article here: https://help.rallydev.com/custom-grid#custom 

If you still really want to use a query, try using FormattedID = "18" -  you don't need the prefix.