DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  VMware - Filter GuestDisk

Posted Apr 15, 2021 04:08 AM
    Hi!

I am seeking for a good solution, despite a nas preprocessing-rule which throws the alarm simply away, for filtering Auto-Config VMware observations.

We run a K8s Cluster based on VM in our VMware-Infrastructure with AutoMonitor-Configurations.
    Now the Problem arise, that every POD who is created the VMware-Probe discoveres a new "GuestDisk" on the host, therefore on one hande the Config of the vmware-probe enlarges daily, on the other we got "irrelevant" alarms of Disk-Full-Alarms

For the Alarms I wrote a simple  nas preprocessing which throws these alarms away, but the config still has the POD-Directories, even the POD does not exists anymore.
    I found an old IDEA out of 2016, with status "committed - open"

VMware probe Auto-monitors filter

Which seems to have more a "committed-abandon" :-) status.
    In one of the last roadmaps Broadcom told, that they are monitoring thousands of their on vm-Server, well I expect they are also running K8s or something like that and should stumbled around this problem.

Now the question, does anyone have a solution/workaround or something like that, to implement such filters, so that the probe simply ignores specific Guest-Disks ?

cheers
    Matthias