Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to exclude run for HW/SW maintenance on Automic

Posted Aug 01, 2020 08:35 PM
    Dear Community

I'm a newbie on Automic but a have 14 years experience on Dollar Universe. 

We are upgrading our scheduling solution to Automic and I need a smart way to set Outage Windows on scheduling depending on Context.

For example if I need to stop SAP or SIEBEL for maintenance between two date/time defined i must stop all scheduling in this period only on this kind of execution.

On DU I've create a script that set exclusion date for Uproc/Session on Task, but I don't know how to do it on Automic

If possible I'd like to add a Context property on my Scheduling and set exclusion period depending on context.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Christian Bassi

------------------------------

• 2.  RE: How to exclude run for HW/SW maintenance on Automic
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 02, 2020 12:57 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Aug 06, 2020 06:46 PM
    Hi Christian,

best in Automic is to create 1 or more QUEUE objects, assign it to your Workflows, Jobs, etc. and use the "exception" definition as you can see below: The Queue mechanism will take care that on Sunday between 1500 and 1600 no assigned object will be started. The objects will be held and released after 1600.

• 3.  RE: How to exclude run for HW/SW maintenance on Automic

Posted Aug 02, 2020 12:52 PM

Thanks Peter,

There  is a way to cancel all object that are held by exclusion to avoid that at the end of outage all start without control ? I don't need to recover all launch heldedduring SW/HW maintenance

Thanks

Gruppo_Hera_Insieme

-

• 4.  RE: How to exclude run for HW/SW maintenance on Automic

Posted Aug 03, 2020 03:46 AM
    Hi Christian,

there are 2 options I can think of:

a) cancel all waiting objects before the Queue automatically "opens the door". But if you miss this point in time the objects waiting will be started
    b) stop the Queue manually or by AE script. This overwrites the automatic mechanism at 16:00 so the Queue will be kept in the stop state and you have enought time to cancel all objects

best regards,
    Peter