AutoSys Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION AGENT FOR Z/OS 11.4 compatibility

Posted Nov 12, 2019 04:46 AM
    We are currently running z/OS 1.13 and want to upgrade to CA Workload Automation Agent for z/OS 11.4 but I'm unable to find any information as to whether it's compatible or not. 

We are going to be moving to z/OS 2.2 which is definitely compatible but we ideally need to upgrade this first so need to know if it's compatible with z/OS 1.13. 

Has anyone used this agent on the version of the OS?

------------------------------
    Platform and Middleware Engineer
    Studio Retail Ltd

• 2.  RE: CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION AGENT FOR Z/OS 11.4 compatibility

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 08:07 AM
    Hi Neil,

Below is the link for "z/OS Compatibility Matrix":
    https://ftpdocs.broadcom.com/phpdocs//0/MSPSaccount/COMPAT/zos_compat.HTML

If you search for "CA Workload Automation ESP Agent for z/OS 11.4", you will find that it's compatible with z/os 2.1 to 2.4.

Hope this helps,

Lucy

• 3.  RE: CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION AGENT FOR Z/OS 11.4 compatibility

Posted Nov 12, 2019 09:21 AM
    Thanks for the reply Lucy however I assumed z/OS wasn't on that compatibility matrix due to being out of support but, as CA Workload Automation ESP Agent for z/OS 11.4 as far as I can see was launched in 2016 around the time that z/OS 1.13 went out of support I was hoping that it would still be compatible. I knew it was compatible with 2.1 and above but can't find any information on the web about compatibility with previous versions of z/OS. 

I'm also aware that just because the compatibility matrix doesn't include the OS version of interest doesn't mean it's not OK as the main CA Workload Automation agent compatibility matrix doesn't list OS's and Agents I'm successfully using. 

So what we really need to know is will CA Workload Automation ESP Agent for z/OS 11.4 work with z/OS 1.13 

Studio Retail Ltd

• 4.  RE: CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION AGENT FOR Z/OS 11.4 compatibility
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 12, 2019 01:48 PM
    Hi Neil,

Yes, it's compatible. It's released on April 08, 2013 and was certified with z/os 1.13. See the matrix below:
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-workload-automation-mainframe-products-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.html#cawaee

Note: for the level of S1609, it's released in Nov 2016. 

Hope this helps,

Lucy

• 5.  RE: CA WORKLOAD AUTOMATION AGENT FOR Z/OS 11.4 compatibility

Posted Nov 13, 2019 04:58 AM
    Hi Lucy.

That's great to have the confirmation. Thanks for your help

Regards,
    Neil.

Studio Retail Ltd