Agile Requirements Designer

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Pavel Sestak

Pavel SestakMar 04, 2019 09:39 AM

• 1.  Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Posted Feb 27, 2019 08:10 AM

We are currently using a crude query to get all models in repository. We need to get specific and extract models only in a specific folder. #tdmrepository#tdmrepository#modelattributes

• 2.  Re: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 09:39 AM

Hi, we are checking with TDM team. 

• 3.  Re: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 07, 2019 12:24 PM

Hi, we have soap/rest API to retrieve a list of ARD flows(models). Can you please provide more details about what you are trying to achieve and can you please provide a query which you using to retrieve this information?

• 4.  Re: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Posted Mar 13, 2019 11:30 AM

Hi,

We use TDM for storing our ARD models. How can we use the API to extract models from a particular hierarchy in the repository? 

Lets say: Root -> Project 1 -> Team 1

• 5.  RE: Re: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Posted Aug 16, 2019 03:32 AM
    Hi @NiteshM, can you provide the REST API query for above example?​

• 6.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2019 05:43 AM
    Hi,
      This is the list of API's that are available to interact with the ARD flows stored in a TDM Repository

You can query by project and version id to filter the ARD flows that are returned, this is a sample of an API call where one ARD flow is stored , 

You can access the swagger documentation using this URL https://tdmserver:8443/TDMDataFlowService/swagger-ui.html 

Regards
    Keith

------------------------------
    Regards

Keith Puzey
    Client Services Consultant | Enterprise Software Division
    Broadcom

• 7.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Posted Aug 23, 2019 10:52 AM
    hi Keith,

Thank you very much. You are a savior. I did try hitting a couple of them. I was able to login successfully but the filtering on /dataflows doesn't seem to be working. I get same response each time with different/ no query parameters

GET https://<<redacted server>>:8443/TDMDataFlowService/api/ca/v1/dataflows?projectId=68 HTTP/1.1
    Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate
    Authorization: Bearer <<redacted token>>
    Content-Length: 0
    Host: <<redacted server>>:8443
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    User-Agent: Apache-HttpClient/4.5.2 (Java/1.8.0_162).

• 8.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 11:16 AM
    Hi,

I just tried this and your correct if you just use the project id all the models are returned, if you use the projectid and versionid you will see the filtered response. Can you try this on your environment?

Regards
    Keith

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 9.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Posted Aug 23, 2019 11:55 AM
    Hi Keith,

I did try this. But looks like versionId only accepts integers and I did not find any version configured in our project via GET /api/ca/v1/projects/{projectId}.

• 10.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 12:08 PM
    Hi,
      If you use this API  =   /api/ca/v1/dataflows  with no projectid or version id  the response will show all the visual flows including the project id and version id.
        This is an example from my system, in your example you are using the version name not the version id. 

Hope this helps

Regards
    Keith

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 11.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 23, 2019 12:12 PM
    Hi,

Can you use the versionid 2708,  the default version is created automatically when creating a new project so these ids are normally sequential.

Regards
    Keith

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Posted Aug 27, 2019 06:00 AM
    Hi Keith,

I did try with versionId you suggested and it did work. I am unable to see VersionId and ProjectId when hit API = /api/ca/v1/dataflows  with no projectid or version id.

Is there a way to add extra fields in response? I need more details in getVisualFlowDetailsUsingGET call, like Created Date, Modified Date, etc.

• 13.  RE: Is there a way to extract model count based on a path in repository from TDM?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2019 07:55 AM
    Hi,

Are you using an account with administrative privileges ?  As you can see from the attached screenshot the project id and version id should be visible through this API call.  These are the only metrics exposed through the API .  The creation / modified Dates arent exposed through the API.

Regards
    Keith

Regards

Keith Puzey
    Broadcom