Test Data Manager

View Only

How to extract multiple record types from mainframe flat file (extracted from IMS)

• 1.  How to extract multiple record types from mainframe flat file (extracted from IMS)

Posted Mar 25, 2019 03:55 PM

Am using TDM 4.7  , and trying to subset some files extracted from IMS as flat files.

The data set I am reading has multiple record types in it. 

I have the copybooks and I can extract single records for one segment type, but I want to output all segments belonging to some set of keys, and i can't figure out how to do it.

example

suppose seg1 is a customer segment,  seg2 is address  , and seg3 is phone

And suppose in this  'data' below, the first field is a key,    this would be like what's in my data file

eg:       key      custname custtype flag flag code        (pseudo copybook for SEG1)

seg1:    foo1   Foo Barrett  IND Y Y 123

seg2:    foo1   555 main st   anywhere UT

seg3:    foo1   555-1212

seg1:   bus1   testdata.com  BUS Y Y 444

seg2:   bus1   1066 Testing St.  anywhere VA

seg3:   bus1   555-5555

seg1:    abc3   Any Customer  IND Y Y 123

seg2:    abc3   222 main st   anywhere UT

seg3:    abc3   555-2222

Suppose i want to only extract data for cases where the custtype value in seg1 is 'IND'  .

My desired output file would have all 3 segments for key foo1 and abc3,  but not the ones for bus1.

So far I can get all the seg1 rows output for all custtypes,  OR  all the seg1 for IND ,    but not seg1,2&3 for IND.

Reading the docs, maybe I need to use the SUBSETLIST functions, but I can't find any info how to use those functions and how to populate the GTSCR_SUBSET table in DB2.   Or maybe this is totally wrong path.

Just need some guidance, thanks