Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Resetting Advanced Reporting Repository Folder Permissions to Default?

Posted Jul 17, 2019 12:39 PM
    Hello - 
    Within our Production environment, folder permissions are configured on the Advanced Reporting Repository as per the following CA article: Advanced Reporting Roles and Permissions - CA PPM - 15.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Admins are able to view and run reports from Adv Reporting.  Some Users are able to view and run reports from Adv Reporting, other users with the same access cannot.

Also, Admins can run OOTB reports via "Reports and Jobs," BUT, Users receive the error: RPT-0022: You do not have proper privileges to run the report. Please contact your system administrator.

Each user has been assigned a CSK Role, and also given "Advanced Reporting - Navigate" and "Advanced Reporting - Report Create" access rights.  Jobs have been executed in the instructed order (Load DW > Load DW Rights > Create and Update Jaspersoft Users > Synchronize Roles).

In lamen terms, I've quadruple-checked permissions on Advanced Reporting and access rights for Security Groups - everything looks configured exactly as instructed.  However, users are not able to run OOTB reports via "Reports and Jobs."

If you have info to share to solve the above problem, please feel free!  However, if not, is there a way for ME to reset the folder permissions within Advanced Reporting to the default for Clarity PPM SaaS?

FYI, we're running v15.6.  Reporting has zero issues in Development, and in Production with exact same configuration, has issues.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

------------------------------
    Matt G
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Resetting Advanced Reporting Repository Folder Permissions to Default?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 18, 2019 11:42 AM
    Have you given the right "Reports - Run - All" I think this will provide you with the access your users need.

• 3.  RE: Resetting Advanced Reporting Repository Folder Permissions to Default?

Posted Jul 18, 2019 01:35 PM
    Yes, users have "Report - Run" instance rights for specific reports depending on which CSK Group they're apart of.