Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  AWI: Restrict the favorite icon

Posted Jul 10, 2020 05:03 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Jul 10, 2020 05:20 AM
    It is possible to specify the logo that appears in the AWI login window and in the upper left corner of the AWI interface, using the logo.filename property in colors.properties. Additionally, if session.colors have been defined in this file, and if the user selects a specific session color, the favorite icon will be changed to a generic AWI spriograph icon based on the chosen color.

However, we would like to restrict the favorite icon of each AWI system to a specific icon. The reason is so that we can associate a particular icon with a particular AWI/UC4 environment.

Icon System Description
    UC4_EXP2 Experimental 2
    UC4_EXP Experimental
    UC4_DEV Development
    UC4_ITE Testing
    UC4_PROD Production

Users work with multiple AWI systems, and it is vitally important that they be able to quickly identify and distinguish the browser tabs of the different systems, particularly when they have many tabs open.

I found a somewhat kludgy way to replace the default favorite icon, and documented this approach in the discussion thread Web Interface customization.

Is there a better way? Ideally, I would like to be able to configure the favorite icon via ordinary AWI configuration settings, and to be able to specify it at AWI run time.

My related idea Automic Web Interface customization has been marked Delivered, but the ability to set the favorite icon (and HTML title) are MIA.

• 2.  RE: AWI: Restrict the favorite icon

Posted Jul 10, 2020 05:48 AM
    Edited by Michael A. Lowry Jul 10, 2020 05:49 AM
    One more thing: It's nice to have the option of having the favorite icon dynamically updated automatically based on the chosen session color. However, I am not convinced all AWI administrators want it to work like this. It would nice if this feature were optional. And not to put too fine a point on it, but, we want to determine the favorite icon and the session color independently (and of course, to be able to hard-code them both at AWI run time).

Ping @David Ainsworth

​​