DX Operational Intelligence

Expand all | Collapse all

Migration from SOI to DOI

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Migration from SOI to DOI

Posted 26 days ago
    Hi friends,
    We are to migrate from SOI to DOI.
    Does anybody have any experience in this area? We need to migrate service definitions.
    We look at RestMon as a tool but failed to find any documentation on Topology import API.

Best regards

• 2.  RE: Migration from SOI to DOI

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 24 days ago

Hi Andrey
    there is not a direct integration/migration from SOI to DXOI. But you can certainly use DXOI APIs to speed up this process and simplify the migration.
    First thing to address is to feed the same SOI topology into DXOI, either via Broadcom connectors, via RESTMon or via API
    Then you can leverage the DXOI service definition APIs to automate the service creation/import.
    Cheers
    Nestor

• 3.  RE: Migration from SOI to DOI

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi Nestor,
    Thank you very much for your reply!
    Hope we manage to find appropriate information in the documentation on DOI API :)))
    Thank you!

• 4.  RE: Migration from SOI to DOI
    Best Answer

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi Andrey,

before I left Broadcom end of last year (following working 20 years there in the SOI/OI area), I provided a RESTMon Package to the OI Product Team, integrating Alarms and CIs.  Possibly somebody from the team can make that available to you.
    The issue with this is, that the REST interface of SOI is very rudimentary and would require several improvements to work properly.
    The service-structure cannot be extracted via REST call from SOI - there is no function call to get the structure from a Service with all CIs.
    You could start with the Service object, but then you would have to run through an undefined level of child-searches to find all.
    The better way would be to extract the service structure via the WSSSAServiceCmdV2 command (see WSSSAServiceCmdV2 Command Usage (broadcom.com)) to export the service structure from SOI, then use a script to reformat that structure into the required JSON format for OI, and finally use the OI API to send the structure to OI.
    There are several challenges though, due to different CI classes, naming conventions (especially for correlation), granular objects and relationship types.

Regards
    Michael

------------------------------
    Senior Enterprise Architect
    MAXXYS AG

• 5.  RE: Migration from SOI to DOI

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi Michael,
    Thank you very much for your reply.
    The solution you offered is the most optimum I believe.
    We try it.

Best regards
    Andrey

• 6.  RE: Migration from SOI to DOI

Posted 21 days ago
    Hi Andrey,

trying to reply again (my first attempt seems to have disappeared).
    A RESTMon package to integrate SOI into OI (for Alarm and Inventory) does exist, and Product Management might provide access to you (I developed it prior to leaving Broadcom end of last year).
    There are some issues with it, because the REST interface of SOI is not providing all the information in a way that it is easy to process - some enhancements would be requried to let it work properly.

For Topology, the best way I can suggest is to use the SOI WSSSAServiceCmdV2 command (see WSSSAServiceCmdV2 Command Usage (broadcom.com)) to export the services into an xml file, and then use a script to reformat that into the json format the OI API requires for ingestion.

I hope this information is of help.
    Michael

Senior Enterprise Architect
    MAXXYS AG
    Germany