Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Test Folders - Chrome crashes when adding a parent test folder

Posted Jun 11, 2021 09:01 AM
    When we create a Test Folder and click the parent button to attach the folder to a parent, chrome freezes and after a min chrome shows the "Page Unresponsive" error.

Opening Developer tools this is the URL that is being requested in the background with the button is pressed:
    https://rally1.rallydev.com/slm/webservice/v2.x/testfolder?compact=true&includePermissions=true&key=#######&fetch=ObjectID%2CProject%2CName%2CWorkspace%2CFormattedID&order=FormattedID%20DESC%2CObjectID&pagesize=50&query=(ObjectID#######)&restrictToEditAccess=true&start=1&projectScopeUp=false&projectScopeDown=false

This is the error that displays in Chrome:

• 2.  RE: Test Folders - Chrome crashes when adding a parent test folder

Posted Jun 11, 2021 09:27 AM
    I just created a support ticket for this. We are also seeing the same issue, and it is happening with all work items. I tried portfolio items, stories, tasks and Rally hangs when trying to add a parent with any of these.

------------------------------
    Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Test Folders - Chrome crashes when adding a parent test folder

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 11, 2021 10:14 AM
    @Niveditha (Nivi) Gadamchetty @Willa 

We just cleared an event that was causing issues throughout Rally with parenting items.
    I suggest a hard browser refresh (shift + browser refresh)​ and then try parenting again. 

Sorry for the disruption.​​​​​​

• 4.  RE: Test Folders - Chrome crashes when adding a parent test folder

Posted Jun 11, 2021 10:31 AM
    Thank you @nivi  @Cali McClung, we are validating and will provide feedback soon :)​​

• 5.  RE: Test Folders - Chrome crashes when adding a parent test folder

Posted Jun 11, 2021 10:49 AM
    WOOT! that seems to have done the trick thank you :)