Layer7 API Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

• 1.  All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 17, 2020 01:09 PM
    has anyone heard about this possibility and/or been contacted by CA/Broadcom concerning it?

We are on the latest version v9.4 OVA format CentOS.  This is the latest version as of today.  

if anyone has any communication, I would love to get my hands on it.

thanks

Rick Reed
    FedEx Services
    rick.reed@fedex.com

• 2.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 17, 2020 01:20 PM
    as an update, I CA support directed me to this announcement which is something I was already aware of.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-api-gateway-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.html?r=2

Still trying to determine the validity of the rumors of ALL versions going EOS and CentOS / RedHat going EOL in November of this year.

thanks.

• 3.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 17, 2020 03:17 PM
    Additional Information coming to light.

It seems the underlying OS that is part of the CA API Gateway OVA for v9.4 which is CentOS6.10 WIL BE going End of Life November 30, 2020.  There is no upgrade path from CentOS6 to CentOS7+.

Has there been a new release of the CA API Gateway v9.4 OVA format for CentOS7+
    Is there a data migration process in place to move our gateways from our current CentOS6.10 to a newer CentOS machine?

Thanks in advance.

• 4.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 18, 2020 02:00 AM

Hiya Rick,

Unfortunately the rumors are true. We at Apiida (Tier 1 Partners of BC) have attended a few roadmap sessions and GW10 training. Due to the Redhat EOS the Appliance and Virt Appliance gateways will need "upgrading", but as you say, because the new platform is built on a hardened CentOS7 image (DISA RHEL 7 STIG compliant) a full new image will be needed.

We (Apiida) will be attending a deep-dive training session next week in Vancouver to learn the full upgrade path of the v10 gateway. When I get back I will share what I can. We will obviously like to be in a position to help any companies with their upgrades (migrations). I will post any further info on here.

Remember there are lots of good things in GW10 which should also make the transition worthwhile. Here's just a few I put together.

• HTTP/2 Support
    • ICAP/SSH2 Enhancements
    • SafeNet Luna HSM Client 7.2 support
OpenAPI3.0 Spec (Swagger)
    • Kafka/DFDL Support
    • Syslog integration rework (performance & stability)
    • Supports all Kubernetes based container platforms
    • Out of the box CI/CD framework

Regards

Vince

------------------------------
    Senior Architect
    Apiida AG
    Https://www.apiida.com

• 5.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 18, 2020 03:54 PM
    https://apiida.com/expert-services-layer7-api-management/?lang=en#services

Senior Architect
    Apiida AG

• 6.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 19, 2020 03:38 AM
    Hi,

Can you please confirm if this concern applies to AWS AMI based installation as well. We are currently planning to upgrade our Gateways to 9.4 and make use of the centOS AMI for the set up.

• 7.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 18, 2020 03:00 AM
    Edited by Gerlof Bril Feb 18, 2020 03:07 AM

Thanks for the update and info.

Unfortunately I do not have access to the provided link (
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-api-gateway-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.html?r=2)

although I have signed in to "techdocs.broadcom.com"....

But the CentOS statement is clear

Infra Domain Architect
    Achmea IT
    Netherlands

• 8.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 18, 2020 03:38 AM
    On 15th of januari Broadcom Announced End Of Support for all previous gateway versions, the text from the email:

January 15, 2020

CA Technologies, a Broadcom Company, is continually working to improve our software and services to best meet the needs of our customers. In accordance with our CA Support Policy and Terms (https://casupport.broadcom.com), please consider this email your written notification that we are discontinuing technical support for the following product versions and all of their cumulative releases, effective January 10th 2021:

• CA API Gateway 9.0, 9.1, 9.2, 9.3 (also known as Layer7 API Gateway)
    • CA Mobile API Gateway 3.x, 4.0, 4.1 (also known as Layer7 Mobile API Gateway)
    • CA Mobile API Gateway SDK 1.x (also known as Layer7 Mobile API Gateway SDK)
    • CA API Management OAuth Toolkit 3.x, 4.0, 4.1 (also known as Layer7 API Management OAuth Toolkit)

• 9.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 24, 2020 12:08 PM

Hi Rick,

I actually have the v10 Gateway since Friday and have already built a few nodes for testing. The version I have is for the v10 upograde training I'm attending in Vancouver this week, so I can't give it to you without getting in trouble. However, I can say one thing... It boots fast!

I will learn more about it this week whilst in the Richmond Broadcom office and will find out what can be shared with the community.

Regards

Vince

Senior Architect
    Apiida AG

• 10.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 27, 2020 09:46 AM
    Hi,
    how does this match with the following page/information we got from official Broadcom-support?
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/product-content/status/support-life-cycle/indexes/ca-api-gateway-release-and-support-lifecycle-dates.html?r=2
    Thank you!

Ciao Stefan :)​

• 11.  RE: All current Gateway versions going off support Nov 2020 ??

Posted Feb 27, 2020 03:58 PM

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply, but I needed to wait to speak to the right people.

Yes, what is on that link is 100% correct.

Regards

Vince

Senior Architect
    Apiida AG