Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  load test on policy server

Posted Mar 11, 2015 02:09 PM

Hi All,

We are performing Load test on Policy Server, with a sample resource (basic html page) from Apache. The script starts with 15 Users and increases by 15 users every minute until it reaches 500 Users, we are receiving success until the load is low, but it starts failing when the users reach 150 to 200. It is throwing "Internal Server Error", however I cannot see any error messages in Siteminder logs.

I have placed below cache parameters in ACO,

AllowCacheHeaders Yes

MaxResourceCacheSize 750

MaxSessionCacheSize 750

Please let me know, if I'm missing anything?

Thank you.

Regards,

Sandeep..

• 2.  Re: load test on policy server

Posted Mar 11, 2015 03:34 PM

have you considered using the SMTest Tool to verify the Policy Server?

or is this full loop, in which case i would suggest using the profiler on the PS to capture....

components: AgentFunc, Server, IsProtected, Login_Logout, IsAuthorized, Tunnel_Service, JavaAPI, Directory_Access, ODBC, LDAP

data: Date, PreciseTime, Pid, Tid, TransactionID, AgentName, SrcFile, Function, Domain, Realm, Policy, Rule, Resource, User, Directory, ErrorString, ErrorValue, RequestIPAddr, IPAddr, IPPort, AuthReason, ResponseTime, ExecutionTime, Message, Data

this should tell you the number of items in queue ("current count is ...") as well as the time taken to execute each item and allow for full transaction analysis on the PS.

• 3.  Re: load test on policy server
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 13, 2015 03:05 AM

Thanks Josh for the info.

On verifying the logs I found that it has "Connection request rejected. Connection limit of (256) exceeded", I have increased the Maximum Connections and it did not throw any errors after that.

Could you please advice for any other parameters, to improve the performance from the Web Agent side? we were facing 401/Network IO errors some times.

Regards,

Sandeep.

• 4.  Re: load test on policy server

Posted Mar 13, 2015 08:13 AM

I would suggest CA Services. CA has a team that specializes in performance in their services group.