CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  BSI event fields

Posted Jul 10, 2017 12:57 PM

Hello folks, I'm trying to create an freeform report and I whant to show the events fields on a table, does anyone know wich table i nave to query for that?
    Thank you

• 2.  Re: BSI event fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:20 AM

Hi,

Which fields are you looking return - the raw event data? I suspect that a simple report (where you can choose to also display the raw data with a simple checkbox) is probably the way forward here.

thanks

Iain

• 3.  Re: BSI event fields

Posted Jul 17, 2017 09:36 AM

Hello Iain,

Thank  you for the contact, In mine scenario BSI collects data from Spectrum Events, and extract some fields from there and I want that fields to create an report that shows all the events and the annotations for an specif resource.

And in parallel I'm integrating the BSI database with CABI ( JasperServer ) because of the best user interaction, and in contact with mine support it provide me the following function from the server FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTRACT("V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."DATA" , X ), where X is an integer, and represent an Event Field.

In mine report I use the following query :

SELECT "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."RAW_DATA_ID",
         "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."EVENT_TYPE_NAME",
         "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."EVENT_TYPE_ID",
         "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."TIME_STAMP",
         "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."TEXT" ,
         FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTRACT("V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."DATA" , 0) EventTitle,
         FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTRACT("V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."DATA" , 4) EventID,
         FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTRACT("V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."DATA" , 3) EventTime,
         FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTRACT("V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."DATA" , 2) EventModel

FROM "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"
    WHERE
          "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."EVENT_TYPE_ID" = '1530'
          AND "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."RESOURCE_ID" =  $P{ResourceID}
          AND $X{BETWEEN , "V_RAW_DATA_VIEWER"."TIME_STAMP" , InitDate , EndDate }

• 4.  Re: BSI event fields

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2017 07:57 AM

In addition, there are 2 more functions available to extract data from t_raw_data:

FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTR_DATE
    FNC_DATA_FIELD_EXTR_NUM

• 5.  Re: BSI event fields
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 17, 2017 10:02 AM

Hello Renato.A.Oliveira,

The raw data is stored in the t_raw_data table, the problem is that this table is encrypted so you cannot query it directly. there are some ways to do that.

1st - is what Lain mentioned above, using the simple report you can drill down till the received data and export that.

2nd- You can use the tools.SaveRecord object in the business logic to send the records you want to display to the slalom_outputs table and then use the free form to query it. (I don't recomend it if you want to show lots of data)

Details how to implement tools.saveRecord in the wiki: User Tables Output - CA Business Service Insight - 8.3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

3rd - download and install the BI Layer from support site (CA BUSINESS SERVICE INSIGHT BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE LAYER (RDL)- R8.3.5)

Details how to implement BI Layer in the Wiki:

Business Intelligence Interface - CA Business Service Insight - 8.3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation  

This Business Intelligence Layer exposes BSI data in order to make it easier to make BI tools gather data from BSI.

About raw_data for example it creates a view for each event_type (V_RD_<eventtype> exposing the data gathered from adapters and them you can connect free forms to report over data from those tables.

Hope it will help you

Rgds

Thomas