DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  EMS Probe NOT Activating 'Error' in UIM version 9.0.1

Posted Apr 01, 2019 06:21 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

when i'm trying to activating ems probe it's not starting give me 2 error in log file.kindly guide me what i do ..

log file is attached.. 

• 2.  Re: EMS Probe NOT Activating 'Error' in UIM version 9.0.1

Posted Apr 01, 2019 09:48 AM

Redeploy ems, if it still fails to find the file, rename the folder, and do a clean deployment.

9.0.1 was an early release of UIM and must be updated to 9.0.2.

• 3.  Re: EMS Probe NOT Activating 'Error' in UIM version 9.0.1

Posted Apr 02, 2019 02:35 PM

Omair!

I agree with David, just to add if you use Spectrum Integration or want to Update the EMS version:

Updating EMS from 9.x to 10.x

It is important that when you update EMS you do so using the following guidelines

• Check the nas version first.

EMS 10.x will require NAS 9.x or newer. Part of the reason for this is that there are changes to the back end NAS_ALARMS tables. Specifically new columns

Are added to the table and EMS now writes alarms to the nas_alarms table.

If nas 9.x is not applied, update nas to 9.x (9.0HF4 or newer) first and make sure nas activates so that it updates the tables at startup

• You need to delete the ‘db’ folder from the EMS probe directory. Since the alarm structure changes this folder needs to be deleted
    • Deactivate ems
    • Delete the db folder in the ems probe dir ( \Nimsoft\probes\service\ems\db)
    • Deploy ems 10.17 or newer
    • Activate ems

Note: If for any reason you need to delete or redeploy ems, check to see if the client is using any ActionRules (EMS AO equivalent). These

ActionRules would normally be under \Nimsoft\probes\service\ems\custom\. If unsure rename or make a copy of the folder off to the side

Note: NAS 9.0 has a problem where there is a file descriptor leak. This in addition to hanging nas up can also hangup the ems probe. One possible way

You may run into this is alarms are not synchronizing and you may see a dispatcher (120) error in the spectrumgtw logs.

• 4.  RE: EMS Probe NOT Activating 'Error' in UIM version 9.0.1
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 26, 2019 12:14 PM
    I had the same issue, there's a HF for EMS.

Also, it is now HA aware, so if you have a HA probe running on another Hub try disabling it, enabe EMS, then reactivate the HA.

Both worked for me under two different scenarios.  Else, contact support.