DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Backend "System" Calls in Investigator

Posted Oct 17, 2013 03:15 PM
    I tried to reply to the previous thread found here but the website kept erroring out on me...

The gist of the thread is a question over what the difference is between a backend such as "System OracleServerX on port XXXX" and "oracledb OracleServerX-XXXX (Oracle DB)". We see high calls to the system backend but the oracle database specific backend shows very fast response times.
    Did anyone ever open a ticket with CA and get a response back on this? I'm not able to label "System OracleServerX on port XXXX" as the smoking gun because there isn't enough data to support this claim.

• 2.  RE: Backend "System" Calls in Investigator
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2013 06:56 AM

Hi,

Difference between "System OracleServerX on port XXXX" and "oracledb OracleServerX-XXXX (Oracle Demoticon").

The former "System OracleServerX on port XXXX" is from the socket tracer and the latter "oracledb OracleServerX-XXXX (Oracle Demoticon")" is  from the SQL agent tracer, both of which are instrumented as backends. Statements to the database which are not detected by our SQL instrumentation will be caught by the Socket Tracer and reported as System on port X.