Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  Aldon and MOM not in sync

Posted Mar 24, 2020 11:25 AM
    I am using MOM and Aldon, for every checkout in MOM, an entry is always created in Aldon. However, today there is this strange incident that happened, there is a physical file checked out under MOM, but there is no sign of that object neither in Aldon nor any related backend files. Can anyone help me with this? What could be the issue?

------------------------------
    Tanuja

• 2.  RE: Aldon and MOM not in sync
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 25, 2020 06:57 AM
    I'm a little rusty with Aldon/MOM, but i think the fix is roughly the same (note this will require editing a 2e system file use at your own risk, if you are not 100% comfortable DO NOT DO IT).

If checked out in the model but not in Aldon/MOM
    1. You need to get the surrogate number for the physical file (services menu - work with model lists - all object list, do an 8 to get the details).
    2. Next ywrkf ymdlobjrfp (model object table, has the checkout information)
    3. F7 to select the object surrogate you have for the object.
    4. You need to clear out the  check-out fields 
      1. Check-out Date
      2. Check-out Time
      3. Check-out User
      4. Check-out Status
    5. Save your changes and you should be fine.

If it's the opposite (clear in the model not in Aldon/MOM (this is where i get a little fuzzy)  I believe you only need to remove the object from the project, then go back to the model and check it out again.

As for why it happens, the most obvious cause is a record/file lock issue.  The same thing can happen in a 2e model with no change control (who hasn't been bounced out of a model at least once with this issue).

You may also want to open a ticket with (I think its rocket software now) as its a Aldon/MOM issue.  

Eamonn

IT Operations Manager
    Feralloy Corporation