Symantec Access Management

View Only
  • 1.  SiteMinder Web Agent lost Connection to IIS?

Posted Mar 26, 2020 01:08 PM
    Good Morning,

I am looking for some insight into how the web agent connects with IIS and how this connection could be broken? Currently our DEV environment is down because all of our 2012R2 servers seem to have lost their binding between the web agent and IIS. 

Generally if I do iisreset /stop or /start I can start and stop the LLAWP process. Now when I use the /start command nothing happens with the web agent. I don't get anything in Event Viewer and no logs are generated. If I start the LLAWP manually with LLAWP <webagent.conf path> -iis80 the agent will start but not service any requests and when I do iisreset /stop the LLAWP will continue to run.

I am sure this was caused by a security patch but I don't know which one. So I am reaching out to the community to try and help me understand where the break is so I can go back to our Windows Compliance team to get them to roll back whatever caused this break. I have also opened a ticket, but I want to work multiple angles. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Brian Jones

• 2.  RE: SiteMinder Web Agent lost Connection to IIS?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 02, 2020 09:58 AM
    This question was resolved within a support case.
    Where there was a configuration variance found in the ACO for an agent in the transactional flow.