Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  [AWI] How to Change the Workflow's Tasks to Show Job Names instead of Titles

Posted Apr 20, 2017 10:05 AM
    In the AWI v12, the default is to show the Titles instead of the Job Names in the Workflow's tasks.

Example:
    cqk1hnl96mcs.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/mj/cqk1hnl96mcs.jpg" width="895">

Solution:
         1. Go to your Tomcat folder and navigate to the AWI config folder
    (i.e. C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0_Automic\webapps\awi\config)
         2. Edit the configuration.properties
         3. Enter the following:  
         wfDisplaySettings=NAME,TITLE
         5. Log out of the AWI.
         6. Log back in to the AWI. 

Result:
    The tasks in the workflows now show their Job names instead of the Titles.

xwlrlz1tot12.jpghttps://us.v-cdn.net/5019921/uploads/editor/8e/xwlrlz1tot12.jpg" width="894">

Note:
    Although the documentation stated
    Steps...
    1. In your Tomcat web server go to the folder ...\webapps\<ECC>\config.
    1. Open the configuration.properties file and update the configurations by adding the parameters that you need. Use the table that follows as a guide.
    1. For the changes to take effect, stop and restart your Tomcat web server.
    I found that it was not necessary to restart the Tomcat. The changes are taken into effect when I logged out of AWI and logged back in.

• 2.  [AWI] How to Change the Workflow's Tasks to Show Job Names instead of Titles

Posted Apr 24, 2017 05:10 AM

Hi Kim,

thank you for this guide.
    Is it possible to also show the host in the bottom left on which the Task will be running?
    Is there a list with all Parameters for configuration.properties?

Best regards,
    Manuel

• 3.  [AWI] How to Change the Workflow's Tasks to Show Job Names instead of Titles

Posted Apr 24, 2017 10:21 AM
    Hi ManuelMeyr606122,
    That's a good question.  I will look into that inquiry and see if I can get information on getting the host to show up as well as the list of all other parameters for configuration.properties. 
    So far, the only ones documented are these.

• 4.  [AWI] How to Change the Workflow's Tasks to Show Job Names instead of Titles

Posted Apr 27, 2017 08:58 PM
    Hi ManuelMeyr606122
    Please also check out these other two AWI posts: