Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Late Tasks and Milestones - % Schedule calculation

Posted Mar 27, 2018 05:53 AM

Hi Team,

I came to know from a different post, how the days late gets calculated. I want to know how the % schedule is calculated in 'Late Tasks and Milestones' portlet. I can see that few functions like 'cop_days_late_fct', 'cop_days_late_pct_fct' are used in the calculation.

Can someone please suggest what these functions do, and explain how the schedule % is calculated?

Clarity version: 15.2.

Thank You.
    Kind Regards,
    Sajeela.

• 2.  Re: Late Tasks and Milestones - % Schedule calculation

Posted Apr 04, 2018 11:22 AM

I worked with this report recently and saved some notes. I dont remember if this was from a techdoc or in the query itself, but:

If the record is a summary task (prIsTask = 0), use the summary task's dates in the denominator.                                            
    If the record is a detail task (prIsTask = 1) and it's at the top level (prWBSLevel = 1), use the project's dates in the denominator.       
    If the record is a detail task (prIsTask = 1) and it's not at the top level (prWBSLevel > 1), use the summary task's dates in the denominator.

Schedule % (stoplight) and Days Late % (value):                                                                                             
    If there is a Baseline and Finish Date is not equal to Baseline Finish Date, then ((Finish Date – Baseline Finish Date) /                   
    (Baseline Finish Date – Baseline Start Date)) * 100 (This calculates days late % positive or negative based on baseline).                   

If there is a Baseline and Finish Date equals Baseline Finish Date and Project Progress (or Task Status) is not completed                   
    and the Finish Date is before Today’s Date, then ((Today’s Date – Finish Date)/(Baseline Finish Date – Baseline Start Date)) * 100          
    (This calculates days late % positive if the project/task isn’t late according to the baseline, but it isn’t completed and it is            
    has a finish date before today’s date).                                                                                                     

If there is no Baseline and Project Progress (or Task Status) is not completed and the Finish Date is before Today’s Date,                  
    then ((Today’s Date – Finish Date)/(Finish Date – Start Date)) * 100  (This calculates days late % positive if there is not any             
    baseline and the project/task isn’t completed and it is has a finish date before today’s date).                                               

• 3.  Re: Late Tasks and Milestones - % Schedule calculation

Posted Apr 08, 2018 09:21 PM

Thank You so much for the reply Elias. This is very helpful. I'll cross verify with the portlet results and let you know the outcome.

Kind Regards,

Sajeela.