DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Extract configured monitoring parameters

Posted Oct 18, 2017 07:17 AM

Hello,

I am looking for an option to extract configured monitoring probe and its parameters for each robot in an excel sheet for documentation purpose. Can you please help me with this.

Regards,

Ragesh M 

• 2.  Re: Extract configured monitoring parameters

• 3.  Re: Extract configured monitoring parameters

Posted Oct 18, 2017 10:23 AM

Hi Frank,

Have you tried ProbeReport tool.  I do not have test environment to run and test it before on prod. If you have used it, can you please help me with steps.

• 4.  Re: Extract configured monitoring parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 09:26 PM

Hi ,
    The ProbeReport tool located in the bin directory of nimsoft Installtion C:\Program Files (x86)\Nimsoft\bin

Probe Report is an exe if you run this it will open a gui and you can run the Probe configuration report under the Report menu in the gui

You can select the hub and probes you wan this report for so its simple
    Note :This tool has limitation for providing information only for cdm/ntevl/ntperf/ntservices/processes probes

You can explore the below links as Balkar mentioned which is more flexible if required

Configuration Archive - A Custom Multi-threaded UIM Probe

https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/unified-infrastructure-management/blog/2016/07/21/configuration-archive-a-custom-multi-threaded-uim-probe

https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-infrastructure-management/unified-infrastructure-management/blog/2016/07/22/probe-of-things-a-custom-probe-that-does-things

• 5.  Re: Extract configured monitoring parameters

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 18, 2017 08:31 AM

Bryan Morrow created a custom probe called "probe of things". It does exactly you are looking for.

Also I created some dashboards to show the config.

Search them on the community site. Let me know if you could not find them.

Thanks

Balkar Singh

Sent from my iPhone

• 6.  Re: Extract configured monitoring parameters

Posted Jan 04, 2018 10:27 AM

Have you posted anything on the boards for how you configured the dashboards to show the probe configs? I would be interested in it!

• 7.  Re: Extract configured monitoring parameters