Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  Page not loading

Posted Jul 06, 2020 09:32 AM
    As an admin, how do I address issues such as "page not loading" or "yeti pages"?
    In case the corresponding pages work fine when I open them and it's just the user that sees these issues, what are my next steps for troubleshooting? 
    Or is it just, 'wait for sometime and try again'?

I also check the Rally Status page, and no issues seem to be flagged there.

Regards,
    Nivi

------------------------------
    Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

• 2.  RE: Page not loading

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2020 05:38 AM
    Hi Nivi,

There are quite a few reasons that a user will see "page not loading" and usually these are not within our control. Network failures between the user and our servers play a role here. There are some that are related to the length of time that one of our servers responds, but that should be fairly rare as most of our code has a reasonably long time-out (30 seconds in some cases) for TTFB. Complex queries that fetch lots of data can sometimes be pushed over the edge when a large number of other customers hit our servers at exactly the same time. This is a trade-off that all SaaS companies have to make.

The Yeti pages should be rare unless there is a problem with our machines. If a Yeti reponse is consistently given, then I recommend you contact our support team. Yeti pages can also be transient and, in this case, are fairly impossible to diagnose.

If I understand our process well enough, I would say that out of the hundreds of thousands of accesses we log, we only see a handful of issues in normal operation. We have a number of automated systems that monitor loading and issues of our machines and round-the-clock teams that respond.

If you are seeing a number of problems that are causing concerns, please reach out to the Rally Sales Engineer for your account and discuss it with them. I always encourage my customers to call me with this sort of thing.

Nik
    Ask me a question, I'm All Ears!
    Rally Sales Engineer
    Rally Software

• 3.  RE: Page not loading
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2020 10:44 AM
    Hey Nik,
    Correct, in general most issues with pages not loading have gone away pretty quickly, say in a few minutes tops. And the reason I asked my question was that I don't have any other answer than to say to them to wait for sometime and try again. I wanted to make sure there wasn't anything else I could do as an admin to help them. Thanks for confirming that there is nothing much I can do.

I guess this is a new issue that a couple days ago one of my users reported. His Timeboxes page wasn't loading, and it remained that way all day. I had him create a support ticket and he was asked to use the 2 links below to troubleshoot and that helped him. I am sharing this here just in case anyone else comes across this issue and it can help them!

https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=194539
    https://knowledge.broadcom.com/external/article?articleId=194438

Regards,
    Nivi

Project Coordinator
    John Deere
    Cedar Falls, Iowa