Symantec IGA

View Only
  • 1.  Error Connecting to Provisioning Server

Posted Nov 19, 2019 09:23 AM
    Hi IM Community,

I am trying to configure the CSV connector so that I can produce a CSV export of users.

I am trying to connect to the provisioning server on Connector Xpress to try and add this new connector, but I am getting errors when trying to connect.

The error: javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - code 80 (OTHER-LdapNamingException): failed on search operation: dc=im,dc=eta: ........ No Provisioning Server deatils have been configured.

The port is open and the provisioning server is running fine when I look at the status. I can also connect through Provisioning Manager fine.

Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Kind Regards,
    Anwar

• 2.  RE: Error Connecting to Provisioning Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 11:10 AM
    On the right-hand tree shown in your screenshot, when you right-click and enter the information, what have you configured?  Please provide a new screenshot showing the details.  It seems to be a misconfiguration of the connection information. 

Thank you.

------------------------------
    Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 3.  RE: Error Connecting to Provisioning Server

Posted Nov 19, 2019 11:26 AM
    Hi Scott,

To configure, I right-click on "Provisioning Server", then "Add Remote Server", then just enter the IP address of the node and leave the defaults.

Notice anything wrong?

Kind Regards,
    Anwar

Securience

• 4.  RE: Error Connecting to Provisioning Server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 11:37 AM
    This is the Connector Server details.  Do you have Provisioning server details?

Best regards,

Scott Owens
    Sr Support Engineer

And, as always Perhaps there are others in the communities who have experience in doing this and we invite them to comment here also.

Another option may be to reach out to our partner HCL Technologies to see in what way they can assist further. The Enterprise Studio team of HCL can be reached at enterprisestudio@hcl.com. https://www.hcltech.com/enterprise-studio

• 5.  RE: Error Connecting to Provisioning Server

Posted Nov 19, 2019 11:51 AM
    Edited by Anwar Koromah Nov 19, 2019 05:31 PM
    Hi Scott,

When I add the provisioning server, I get the screen in the screenshot below. I enter the hostname and leave the rest as default.
    I then click okay and the IP is listed under the "Provisioning Servers". After clicking the plus to expand the IP, I am asked to enter the connector server password. (see screenshot)
    I enter the right password then I get the error about no provisioning server being configured.

Kind Regards,
    Anwar

• 6.  RE: Error Connecting to Provisioning Server
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 19, 2019 03:38 PM
    Those are not the correct details for the Provisioning Server. 

When you right-click to add a Provisioning Server do not select a remote one so you only need to add the hostname, user domain, and user name.

• 7.  RE: Error Connecting to Provisioning Server

Posted Nov 19, 2019 05:29 PM
    Edited by Anwar Koromah Nov 19, 2019 05:31 PM
    Hi Kenneth,

This works. Thanks for your help.

Kind Regards,
    Anwar