DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cannot send EM topology due: 'Invalid Registry Path Exception' Will retry.

Posted Dec 05, 2019 11:15 AM
    After upgrading to 10.7 from 10.5 I am having issues with topology with this message: 
    Cannot send EM topology due: 'Invalid Registry Path Exception' Will retry.

Secondly my MTP is showing this error when I synchronize: 
    Error:
    One or more monitors could not be synchronized. Please verify that all enabled monitors are running and accessible.

Domain Configuration Status: Communication Error 404
      404 Not Found <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>404 Not Found</title> </head><body> <h1>Not Found</h1> <p>The requested URL /wily/cem/tim/tess/setdomainconfig was not found on this server.</p> </body></html>
    Monitor Configuration Status: Communication Error 404
      404 Not Found <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>404 Not Found</title> </head><body> <h1>Not Found</h1> <p>The requested URL /wily/cem/tim/tess/settimtime was not found on this server.</p> </body></html>

This is production and it is critical for our CEM to work but it is the second day to no avail. I do have a support ticket which is being worked on. I also want to reach out to see if anyone has experienced same and how it was resolved.

All suggestions are welcomed ...

------------------------------
    Daniel Addo

• 2.  RE: Cannot send EM topology due: 'Invalid Registry Path Exception' Will retry.

Posted Dec 06, 2019 02:09 AM
    Hello,
    Can you check if your issue is related to this ?

Infrastructure Software-Systems Engineer

• 3.  RE: Cannot send EM topology due: 'Invalid Registry Path Exception' Will retry.

Posted Dec 06, 2019 06:26 AM
    Hi
    I ran into this (the MTP part) and the way I managed to resolve it ultimately was to remove and recreate the monitor within CEM ultimately.

However, before doing that, can you access the TIM at https://<timname>/cgi-bin/wily/packages/cem/tim/index ? To confirm that the TIM is functioning and move around the options for View Tim Status etc? The URL it is trying to access is a page on the TIM.  Just want to ensure the TIM is functioning as expected.  If you go to View Tim Packet Statistics (5 seconds) do you see Packets counted in the "Forwarded" field?

Did you also upgrade the TIM as part of this process? https://<timname>/cgi-bin/wily/system/index will show you the versions.  I am running Tim 10.7.0.115 build 991408 as a reference point with MPM version 11.0.2.6.

Thanks
    Lee

• 4.  RE: Cannot send EM topology due: 'Invalid Registry Path Exception' Will retry.

Posted Dec 09, 2019 10:34 AM
    I have the versions as indicated 11.0.2.6 and I can get to TIM as well. I have deleted and added the monitor many times to no avail. Still get the same 404 error message. I couldn't find the directory /wily/cem/tim/tess/settimtime  on the MTP. My guesss being that it should be there.

Any ideas why I am not seeing it?

Thanks,

Daniel Addo

• 5.  RE: Cannot send EM topology due: 'Invalid Registry Path Exception' Will retry.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 12, 2019 03:11 AM

In the end, 2 issues due to the upgrade proved to be the issue:

1. Installer script had not replaced the content inside of ca-apm-tim.conf to point to the right directories. Note that this file is recursively loaded by the httpd.conf file.
      After fixing this issue, the CEM UI could again activate the TIM and sync the domainconfig.xml file (actual CEM configuration).
    2. The interfacefilter.xml file remained empty, leading the TIM to not analyze data as there is no source.
      After fixing the paths inside of the ca-apm-tim.conf file, and adding the /nqtmp/tim/0 into the interfacefilters.xml file, the TIM.
    Note: We have really cleaned the TIM configuration for this (removed TIM files, deleted the /opt/CA/APM/tim directory content, and after installation only restored the webservers directory containing the decryption keys.

After hat - TIM could be bound to the TESS, and and could see traffic.