DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Access to Oneclick Webapp via Firewall

Posted Jan 18, 2021 10:19 AM
    Hello Community!

I have the challenge to give users access to the OneClick Webapp via Loadbalancer and Firewall but have only one port available/open.
    The supported way to access the OneClick WebApp is via the normal Spectrum tomcat URL (e.g. https://OCServer:8443/spectrum) and click the OneClick Webapp Button. However - for this I would need two ports open through firewall and Loadbalancer (I don't even know if this is still possible to be session persistant).
    I found out though that it is possible to start the WebApp directly via: https://OCServer:WebTomcatPort/spectrum/oneclickwebapp.
    However - this works only if I started a session in the supported way described above. Which makes sense, as I start the webApp as the user I authenticated myself when I logged into the "normal" tomcat and when I start the OneClick WebApp directly I am not Challenged for authentication.

My question now is: Is there a way to work around this?

If he answer is no - will this change in the future?

Any help is apprechiated!

Cheers,
    Joern

------------------------------
    Senior System Engineer
    Computacenter

• 2.  RE: Access to Oneclick Webapp via Firewall

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 18, 2021 03:55 PM

Hi Joern,

If you launch the Webapp directly as you mentioned it will prompt for a login. If you do not see the login prompt
      and it lets you right in it is likely that the session is still cached by the browser.

OneClick Webapp Login Prompt
    If you try with the browser InPrivate/Incognito it should prompt you for authentication.
    Greg

• 3.  RE: Access to Oneclick Webapp via Firewall

Posted Jan 19, 2021 04:44 AM
    ​Hi Gregory,

that sounds good - even if it does not work for me:
    same error in incognito tab

but at least I know that I should be somehow able to get it working!

PS: I am open for any suggestions.

Cheers!
    Jörn

Senior System Engineer
    Computacenter