DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to convert primary hub to secondary hub

Posted Aug 14, 2020 08:09 AM
    Hi all ,

Background :We have one UIM server in cloud and the other in physical environment which are running as standalone parallely.
     Now I want to make this UIM server in cloud as secondary hub - may I know the steps to do this ? Currently 450 robots report to this cloud hub.

Regards
    Amar

• 2.  RE: How to convert primary hub to secondary hub

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 14, 2020 09:00 AM

this is not clear at all what you are trying to do.
    Are you trying to make the Cloud hub a secondary for the robots?

can the robot reach the cloud hub directly?

We would need a lot more details or maybe a diagram with IP address examples of what you are trying to accomplish.

------------------------------
    Gene Howard
    Principal Support Engineer
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: How to convert primary hub to secondary hub
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 14, 2020 10:56 AM
    Edited by Christopher Hackett Aug 21, 2020 04:14 PM
    Hello Amar,
    If I understand what you are saying,
    The UIM instance in the cloud if a full UIM deployment with its own Primary Hub.
    The other physical UIM instance is in its own UIM deployment instance.

You want to shut down the cloud UIM instance and convert the cloud primary hub into just a regular hub that reports into the physical UIM instance.

If this is correct then you just need to make sure that the new Cloud Hub can connect to the Physical UIM Pri-Hub (well it shouldn't connect to that primary directly, you should have sub-hubs and ideal UIM hierarchy: Pri-Hub <  Hub Collector < Tunnel Server < Tunnel Clients) on the respective ports. 
    If it can, then if you don't need to make use of any of the defined users from the Cloud instance or UMP items then I'd say blow away the cloud UIM primary hub. Just un-install. If you don't need the UMP and the QoS data from the cloud robots, you can blow away the UMP and SQL box. Then re-install the cloud hub it as a stand alone Hub and point to the Physical UIM Pri-Hub or Hub Collector / Tunnel Server.

That's it. Leave the IP address alone, don't change it and keep the same cloud hub name so that all the existing cloud robots still look to this box as their hub to connect to.

If you need to preserve the cloud robot data for reporting, then that's another story. You would then have to hold onto all 3 boxes, Cloud-PriHub/UMP/SQL so that you can still generate reports till the time has passed long enough so you can use the On-Prem instance for reporting. In this situation you'd then need to stand up a new cloud box hub re-point all the existing robots to this new hub which then points to the On-Prem instance.

Daniel Blanco
    Enterprise Tools Team Architect
    DBlanco@alphaserveit.com