Automic Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

• 1.  WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted Apr 23, 2020 06:30 AM
    Hello to all,
    I have the following problem:

I have a workflow (TESTA) inside there is another workflow (TESTB) connected to a job (JOBA).

My JOBA job must continue even if a job ends in KO inside TESTB

Could you help me?

• 2.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 23, 2020 09:01 AM
    Hi Vincenzo.

By default all successors of an object - in your case JOBA is the successor of TESTB - check the result of their predecessors for the status ANY_OK. If JOBA should run even if TESTB fails go to the Properties => Time & Dependencies => Dependencies of JOBA and change the expected status of TESB to empty/nothing

Cheers
    Christoph 

------------------------------
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Automic AE Consultant and Trainer since 2000
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

• 3.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 07, 2020 09:12 AM

Hi Christoph 
    Thanks a lot for the answer.

I tried as recommended by you but it doesn't work, because when the job contained in TESTB goes out, the JOBA doesn't start, in my opinion the problem is that TESTB goes in BLOCKED state

• 4.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 25, 2020 08:42 AM
    Hi,
    Anyone have other solutions?

• 5.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 26, 2020 07:16 AM
    Would you like to export your WF and upload the XML here?

• 6.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 26, 2020 11:08 AM
    @vincenzo manna  That is correct that if TESTB goes into a BLOCKED state, then JOBA will not be able to run.

Can you go inside of TESTB and alter all of the dependencies between tasks to empty/nothing?   This must include changing the dependency attached to the END task as well.​

Pete Wirfs
    SAIF Corporation
    Salem Oregon USA

• 7.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 26, 2020 07:07 AM
    "... By default all successors of an object ... check the result of their predecessors for the status ANY_OK..."
    Really? I'd like it this way. Unfortunatelly there is not ANY_OK in our case. It's Always empty/nothing. So, waht do you think? Is it a bug?

• 8.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 26, 2020 07:15 AM
    On the condition that I am not missunderstanding what you are saying:

No, it's probably not a bug. It's how the product has worked since it's inception. Certain conditions lead to ENDED_EMPTY. All these constants have numeric status codes under the hood (which can be seen in the documentation), and these in turn factor into groups of status codes, such as ANY_OK. The assignment may not always make sense, but the Job Plan and the dependencies can usually be used to in practice construct any dependency that's needed. And most importantly: Automic will likely not change things of that nature as it would heavily break backwards compatibility.

Also, you didn't really give us much to work with, you merely said that something goes empty/nothing and if that's a bug. If you provide some more information, maybe someone will comment on this further.

• 9.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 26, 2020 07:33 AM
    @vinzenzo: Sorry for  ​Thread Hijacking

Christoph wrote: "... By default all successors of an object ... check the result of their predecessors for the status ANY_OK..."

Dejan meant: "I would like to get Automic work this way, because whenever I add any JOB/SCRI/... and create the connection from the predecessor to the successor, in the Time & Dependencies tab of the successor there IS a Dependency from the predecessor BUT the column Status is empty/null/nothing (not ENDED_EMPTY). So I already get what Christoph said (...change the expected status of TESB to empty/nothing...) always. Whenever I need ANY_OK (or any other Status), i have to select it from the drop down list manually."

For sure I know, Christoph is an expert. So I thought about a bug in the Automic Version used in my company.

• 10.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 26, 2020 07:38 AM
    ​Thanks for clarifying!

• 11.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 26, 2020 11:46 AM
    Hi @Dejan Hrubenja,

the default value can be set in the user's setting.
    see https://docs.automic.com/documentation/webhelp/english/AA/12.3/DOCU/12.3/Automic%20Automation%20Guides/help.htm#_Common/GettingStarted/GS_DependenciesInWorkflows.htm%3FTocPath%3DUsing%7CCommon%2520Functions%7CUser%2520Settings%7C_____5

User settings V12.3

Engineering Program Manager
    Broadcom

• 12.  RE: WORKJOB KO SKIP TO JOB

Posted May 27, 2020 01:43 AM
    Thanks a lot!
    Process Assembly tab is not available in the Settings dialog in Automic 12.2.2
    So, I guess, this feature has been implemented in 12.3
    I'll keep it in mind :)