DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  JasperSoft Integration Issue

Posted Apr 18, 2017 05:24 PM

Folks,

My diligent co-worker BAE-Mark has discovered this w/ the help of someone from CA's JasperSoft group...

-----------------------

CA tech support advises that Spectrum 10.2 is not compatible with our current version of JasperSoft (6.1).  Spectrum requires JasperSoft version 6.3.  Our current SOI version (4.0 sp2) is not compatible with JasperSoft 6.3.  Interestingly, even the Spectrum tech support guy didn’t know these things and had to call his counterpart in the JasperSoft group. 

I have opened a case with SOI technical support requesting when a SOI upgrade will be available that includes JasperSoft 6.3: 

CA Support Case: 00727310 - JasperSoft version compatibility issue

Until CA completes their development of a universal JasperSoft solution, the issue of compatibility cross multiple CA prodcuts will need to be monitored.  UIM and CAPC are also going to be integrated with JasperSoft, so that will be at least four products.

--------------------------

So......my question is............how can we get this expedited between Spectrum and SOI product groups to get this resolves ASAP.............I am sure this has to affect multiple customers and not just us

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cheers

Manish

P.S. - Can someone from CA (or elevated privileges on this platform) also post this on CA Service Operations Insight (SOI) Community

#caspectrum-casoi

#jaspersoft6.3

#caspectrum10.2

• 2.  Re: JasperSoft Integration Issue

Posted Apr 19, 2017 10:45 AM

^+1.. Yeah we have UIM, Spectrum and SOI and they all need their own dedicated Jasper reporting box as well. We'd like to have one Jasper box and have all the tools make use of it as well. 

• 3.  Re: JasperSoft Integration Issue
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 11:16 AM

Hi Manish,

SOI developers already have a plan to come out with a patch for SOI 4.0 SP2 some time in June to support Jasper 6.3.

Thanks

Shaheen

• 4.  Re: JasperSoft Integration Issue

Posted Apr 19, 2017 11:56 AM

Shaheen_Ahmed - we already have SOI 4.0 SP2 and doesn't seem to have resolved it.

looping in Mark

BAE-Mark

• 5.  Re: JasperSoft Integration Issue

Posted Apr 19, 2017 12:00 PM

Sorry Shaheen_Ahmed, I misunderstood your response............you are talking about patch FOR v4.0 SP2 and not that SP2 has resolved it. I got it. My mistake.

Thanks

Manish

• 6.  Re: JasperSoft Integration Issue

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 19, 2017 12:14 PM

Hi Manish,

In short, it'll be a post SOI 4.0 SP2 patch that'll include support for Jasper 6.3

Thanks

Shaheen