DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

• 1.  Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Feb 07, 2017 10:22 AM

I'm trying to install the DxC and apears the error in the DigitalExperienceCollector.log file:

2017-02-07 10:17:41,199 [XNIO-2 task-635] ERROR c.c.a.c.p.h.e.RestResponseEntityExceptionHandler - error caught: BA.js file not initialized
    java.lang.Exception: BA.js file not initialized

• 2.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2017 10:34 AM

Hi,

A couple of things to think about:

did you run the uploadBA.sh script after the software was installed ? If not it can be run to prepare the system.

There are indications on troubleshooting in the documentation, such as the below:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/installing/apm-installation-and-upgrade/install-ca-digital-experience-collector/digital-experience-collector-troubleshooting/ba-js-or-profile-json-is-not-provided-to-the-browser

How is the JavaScript snippet configured, have you configured the agent to automatically insert the snippet into pages or have you copied it manually into the page code ? Your screenshot talks of problems that the snippet cannot be found.

This page suggests how that would be configured:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/installing/apm-installation-and-upgrade/install-ca-digital-experience-collector/browser-agent-profile-management#BrowserAgentProfileManagement-ConfiguretheBrowserAgent

Those are a couple of things to get you started.

Many thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 07:11 AM

Already configured according to the document, but does not work. That's why I asked in the community

• 4.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 07:51 AM

Dear Henrique

You are getting that error message because your profile call is failing

To fix:

• Check if DxC sending ListProfiles and ListApps messages.
    • Make sure valid responses are getting received for these messages.

Failing that, please open a case

List Profile Response 

{

"version": "1.0",

"servicename": "ProfileService",

"methodname": "ListProfiles",

"result": [

{

“key”:”tenantId#appId#appVersion”

“profile”:{

} 

"baProfile": {

}

},

{

“profile”:{

} 

"baProfile": {

}

}

],

“error”:null,

“id”:” 7497ee80-91cf-11e5-9d96-cf932ecf8601”

}

List Apps Response 

List Apps Response
    {
    "version": "1.0",
    "servicename": "AppService",
    "methodname": "ListApps",
    "result": [
    {
    “key”:”tenantId#appId”
    “app”:{
    “appId”:”value”,
    “tenantId”:”value”,
    “encryptionKeyVersion”: 1457111323219
    }
    },
    {
    “app”:{

}
    }
    ],
    “error”:null,
    “id”:” 89797ee80-91cf-11e5-9d96-cf932ecf8601”
    }

• 5.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 08:32 AM

how verify this? how solve? thanks

• 6.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 09:13 AM

DxC provides a snippet that needs to be present in the monitored application web pages.

The snippet will look like this

<script type=text/javascript id=ca_eum_ba src=http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/bajs?agent=browser data-profileUrl=http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/profile?agent=browser data-tenantID=default-tenant data-appID=default-app data-appKey=b0361800-4736-11e6-b8e5-bddc75280658></script>

This snippet will either be added to pages using automatic JavaScript injection if the agent is configured to do so, and the page content is suitable for it.

Else it would need to be added manually to pages that you would want to monitor.

In my application where automatic JavaScript insertion is working, when I look at the page source, I can see the snippet information added

<html>

<head><script type=text/javascript id=ca_eum_ba src=http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/bajs?agent=browser data-profileUrl=http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/profile?agent=browser data-tenantID=default-tenant data-appID=default-app data-appKey=b0361800-4736-11e6-b8e5-bddc75280658></script>

As a basic test, you can see there are two URLs in the snippet:

http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/bajs?agent=browser

http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/profile?agent=browser

The second downloads the monitoring configuration profile and would look like this:

{     "profileId":1,     "profileName":"BAProfile1",     "created":345185400,     "lastUpdated":345185400,     "baAttributes":{         "browserAgentEnabled" : true,         "pageLoadMetricsEnabled" : true,         "pageLoadMetricsThreshold" : 100,         "ajaxMetricsEnabled" : true,         "ajaxMetricsThreshold" : 100,         "jsFunctionMetricsEnabled" : false,         "jsFunctionMetricsThreshold" : 100,         "domChangeTimeout" : 10000,         "domChangePollingInterval" : 100,         "jsErrorsEnabled" : true,         "geoEnabled" : false,         "geoHighAccuracyEnabled" : false,         "geoMaximumAge" : 10000,         "geoTimeout" : 5000,         "urlExcludeList" : [],         "urlIncludeList" : [],         "urlMetricOff" : false,         "metricFrequency" : 3750,         "browserLoggingEnabled" : false,         "sessionTimeout" : 3600000,         "collectorUrl": "http://lewda16-rhel72dxc:8080/api/1/urn:ca:tenantId:default-tenant/urn:ca:appId:default-app/browserMetrics"     } }

The first URL downloads too much information to paste here.

The host and port will be different for your deployment. Access these URLs with the browser you are accessing the application and check what gets loaded. You should see json content in the browser.

If there is any error when accessing these URLs, the DxC is not configured correctly.

You can also review the network configuration of the browser to see if bajs?agent=browser and profile?agent=browser operations are returning any particular HTTP 500 error.

When data is actually sent to DxC there will be a POST operation called browserMetrics with HTTP response 200

If it seems like automatic insertion is not working, you have to review the page source to see if there is any <head> tag at the beginning of the page, we search for this to know where the snippet can be inserted.

• 7.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:21 AM

This test has already been done and it works! I've done this before but continue with error.

• 8.  RE: Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Apr 16, 2020 03:11 PM
    David,

I have similar problem, my AXA is failing on this test with the links. 
    I have error message: "Profiles not received from Read Server"

AXA 17.3.2 is installed if that is immportant.

• 9.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:01 AM

See David's Note

• 10.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 07, 2017 10:46 AM

Dear Henrique:

Please let us know after reviewing David's very detailed response or if you have any followup questions.Converting to a question.

Thanks

Hal German

• 11.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 08, 2017 07:51 AM

Hi:

There are not any responses to David's note so marking as answered. You may post additional comments or questions if needed

Thanks

Hal German

• 12.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 09:33 AM

Marking as correct since two further suggestions have been provided. Please indicate if these are helpful. Failing that, please open a case to resolve

• 13.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:23 AM

I have opened a case before it has not been resolved. but ok

• 14.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:49 AM

Dear Henrique:

I looked at your recent cases and not seeing a DxC case. Can you let us know what was the number of the previous case as well as any new case you open? I will review both

Thanks

Hal German

• 15.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Posted Feb 09, 2017 10:55 AM

• 16.  Re: Digital Experience Collector (DxC)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 09, 2017 11:43 AM

Hi Henrique: 

I looked at the case mentioned.This is my take solely from the case notes. It appears that the DxC basic functionality was working at the end after a Webex. The DxC Agent Node was showing the Business Segment folder and the first metrics were received from Browser Agent. After that took place it appears the case was closed.

So please open a new case, referring to the above case to make progress.

Thanks

Hal German