CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Nov 24, 2015 08:24 PM

I have a requirement to change/add/delete/modify CI relationship in cmdb using automation. As a first step what would be the best suggestion to start with.

I went through a guide there is configuration management automation , I want to know should I use PAM with CMDB connector  or CMA for ServiceManagement 14.1

• 2.  Re: CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Nov 30, 2015 02:26 PM

We don't have PAM in our environment so I can't really answer your question; however in case you were not aware, you can use GRLoader to manage CIs and their attributes including relationships. If your automation solution can execute 3rd party applications you could pass your attributes to GRLoader via csv, xls or xml. We use GRLoader to import relationship data via xls, not exactly automation, but it definitely removes the need for manual administration via the Admin interface. For additional information, GRLoader documentation is available in the SDM CMDB Tech Ref.

• 3.  Re: CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Nov 30, 2015 08:06 PM

Hi Shubha,

In addition to what James had mentioned, you may install CMDB Connector for PAM which contains operators such as "Register Relationship Operator" / "Deregister Relationship Operator" to add or remove CIs relationship.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 4.  Re: CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Dec 07, 2015 02:39 AM

Hi Naveen,

I have a requirement to change network from one to another. I am planning to use sd method updateobject() to achieve this. Is there any cmdb connector operator which I can use.

• 5.  Re: CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Dec 07, 2015 10:29 PM

Shubha,

You may consider using the operator "GRLoader Register Operator" to perform an update.

Thanks,

Naveen

• 6.  Re: CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Dec 08, 2015 02:20 AM

I have gone through GR loader few documents but it looks complicated ,in the way like I read we need to convert the files and need to apply required patches on environment. Can you please suggest how to start with this operator if I have to use this.

• 7.  Re: CMDB with pam in service management 14.1

Posted Dec 08, 2015 02:33 AM

In the CA_CMDB_Connector_ENU.PDF document mentioned above, page number 37 has detailed information of this operator.

Thanks,

Naveen