Plex 2E

View Only
  • 1.  New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 09, 2015 04:45 PM

CA Plex has a new product owner Vijaya Kumar Dasari  (principle software engineer at computer associates) based in India

And Rob Layzell, CA Plex Product Architect has moved on and is no longer working on CA Plex.

I am not aware the CA Plex now has Product Architect. Maybe we do maybe we don't.

• 2.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 09, 2015 05:03 PM

Let me be the first to thank RobLayzell for shaping the tool for all these years. Quite a legacy. A happy chap who seemed to really love CA Plex and would help when ever I asked via a direct email. He was always easy to do business with. I wish him success.

• 3.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 10, 2015 09:26 AM

Oh boy...

• 4.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 10, 2015 12:54 PM

Well ... first of all a big thank you to Robert for all these years' work and being so helpful at all times. Wish you all the best in whatever area you move now. But ... is there an official statement of CA about this change? I can't find it...

• 5.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 12, 2015 05:21 AM

Hi Jorge, I spoke with CA in Oct about applying to be the Plex Product Owner but was told about  Vijaya Kumar Dasari was and it would be announced in due course.

Back in Feb I questioned CA on Rob's current position but got no answer.

I guessed it really in june Re: Simon Cockayne moving on from Plex/2E products.

"Has anyone noticed the long standing architect of CA Plex mentions the words CA Plex once on his linkedin profile...you can barely tell the architect of CA plex has anything to do with the product! Now that is fact, read into that how ever you want. I have made my assumption on this and wont be surprised to hear some news."

Also Rob had not logged into the this forum since June so really...educated guess.

• 6.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 12, 2015 05:28 AM

Jorge, Another assumption is that this will have put Rob in a difficult position (that he did not ask to be in) for the last year but his employer made a conscious decision not to inform the community.

What surprises me is how many of the community have not joined up the dots...I have to as a sole trader relying solely on Plex..I make it my job to know everything about the CA Plex environment....thought CA Plex partners, consultants, users would have twigged this months ago and started questioning the status quo.

I got tired of the smoke and mirrors and made my own announcement!

• 7.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 13, 2015 11:13 PM

Hi George,

I don't know who you spoke to back in October but we still do not have a Product Owner for Plex and 2E.  Vijaya is a Development Manager and his responsibilities include Plex and 2E, but he's not the PO.  In the absence of a Product Owner, Vijaya may be taking on some of those responsibilities, as am I and maybe a few others from time to time, but that doesn't make any of us the PO.  We all have our other day jobs.

Regards,

Dan

• 8.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 14, 2015 05:59 AM

Sent: den 23 oktober 2015 17:18
    To: George Jeffcock
    Subject: RE: CA Plex support for Modernizing your IBM DB2 for i

The Product Owner is Vijaya Kumar Dasari.   I know this was announced during one of the Office Hour Sessions led by Lenn.   I’ll get their approval on some verbiage and ask for this to be posted on the community as well.

Thanks!

Cindy Michaels

Support Delivery Manager

• 9.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 14, 2015 10:04 AM

Hi George,

Thanks for that.

Cindy misspoke, or miswrote in this case.  From her perspective, Vijaya may be the PO as she works with him on things she might normally work with the PO on, but Vijaya is the Development Manager.  We do not presently have a formal PO for Plex or 2E.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards,

Dan

• 10.  Re: New CA Plex Product Owner - No CA Plex Product Architect

Posted Dec 13, 2015 06:29 PM

I understand that people move on, priorities change and products change.

The community management has been a joke since Bill Hunt passed.

Still no roadmap for 2e or Plex........#Concerned

Lee.