ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

CAWA DE 12.2 in-place upgrade. Now getting error [JavaPackage java.util.Properties] is not a function.

• 1.  CAWA DE 12.2 in-place upgrade. Now getting error [JavaPackage java.util.Properties] is not a function.

Posted Jun 05, 2020 02:07 PM
    Hello,

We are in the process of upgrading Espresso from Version: 12.0.0.0 - Build: 38 to Version: 12.0.02.00 - Build: 1034. An in-place upgrade was executed. After the upgrade and while testing / validating Applications we encountered this error:

Error executing application-level event trigger-time JavaScript script OF_GL_NIGHTLY_SETUP for application OF_GL_NIGHTLY_OFDEV. The error is: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: [JavaPackage java.util.Properties] is not a function, it is org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaPackage. (<wascope>#91)

This product was first installed over 7 yrs ago and there are many different scenarios in how we use "java.util.Properties()". Similar to this javascript below.

var symlibfile = '/opt/cyb/resources/symlib';
    var symlibfile = '/opt/cyb/resources/symlib';
    var symlib=new java.util.Properties(); symlib.load(new java.io.FileInputStream(symlibfile)); APPL.FISCAL_MONTH=symlib.getProperty('FISCAL_MONTH') + '';

Was something missed while doing the in-place upgrade? Is this no longer supported in 12.2?

Ken

• 2.  RE: CAWA DE 12.2 in-place upgrade. Now getting error [JavaPackage java.util.Properties] is not a function.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2020 04:13 PM
    Hi Ken,
    I had a look at the issue.  I think the error is coming from the JavaScript Engine.  I tried to test a similar script and got an error about invalid character [.]. in 12.1.
    You can use a JavaScript shell and test your script.  See here and here.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------