ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Aborted Signal 11 message in Dseries 12.2

Posted Mar 28, 2022 06:31 PM
    We are running Dseries 12.2 CA workload  and a developer has an application that is getting a failure on a work object (job) of Aborted, signal 11 which we have never seen before.

The Agent is in v. 11.8 and other applications and jobs are working fine.   I tried looking at various logs and the spool output but cannot find where this message is coming from.   I had searched for this in communities and found an instance in Autosys where the answer was to increase the Agent heartbeat, which I did and we are still getting the error.

Before I open a ticket with support I would like to know if anyone has come across this in CA Dseries and if so, how it was fixed and/or how to trace where the error is coming from.

• 2.  RE: Aborted Signal 11 message in Dseries 12.2

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 29, 2022 11:32 AM
    Edited by Nitin Pande Mar 29, 2022 11:40 AM
    Hi,
    I'm guessing the agent is on Linux or Unix.  The signal 11 is Linux signal, due segmentation fault or usually some memory issue.  Check on the OS side for any OS logs and see if something is in them.   Also, you mentioned, 11.8, what is that referring to?
    Is this SUSE OS?
    I think that OS is out of support.
    Also, what is the agent version?

Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Aborted Signal 11 message in Dseries 12.2

Posted Mar 29, 2022 08:59 PM
    I typed 11.8 for the Agent but I meant it is version 11.4 and yes it is on a Linux server.     The developer found an error in his code pointing to a site that was not logged in.   If this ever occurs again, I will check the OS logs to see if I can find where the issue is occurring.   Thanks for your help