ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Global variable in File Monitor Events

Posted Jul 30, 2021 10:32 AM
    Hello wonderful people. Can a Global variable be added into a File Monitor Event? Or is it best to create a File Monitor Job to leverage a Global variable?

------------------------------
    Ken Ski
    DARDEN Corporation
    Orlando, FL

• 2.  RE: Global variable in File Monitor Events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 03, 2021 10:08 AM
    Hi Ken,
    The Global Variable will only resolve at Job level.  You can use the global var in file monitor job, but not in File Trigger event.

https://techdocs.broadcom.com/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/intelligent-automation/ca-workload-automation-de/12-3/scheduling/managing-global-variable-dependencies/var-statement-specify-global-variables-in-job-fields.html

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto

• 3.  RE: Global variable in File Monitor Events

Posted Aug 04, 2021 07:09 AM

Ok, just wanted to clarify that was what I was experiencing. Thanks for the update.

Ken Chrapczynski

407-245-5382

KChrapczynski@darden.com

This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary or privileged. Any unauthorized review, use, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, please notify sender of the delivery error by replying to this message and then delete it from your system. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of confidentiality or privilege.

• 4.  RE: Global variable in File Monitor Events

Posted Aug 18, 2021 02:41 PM
    Hello,

Since adding these global variables I noticed something happening and wonder if it is a known issue.

If the GV is used as part of the job name I encountered and error when simulating the Application only when I select the specific jobs to simulate. If I just execute a simulate on the Application the jobs with the GV correctly translate to the GV value. I do not have an example of this because I have since removed the reference to the GV in the job name.

Example #2 below, is this error we received, which is basically the same error as in the simulate scenario, but we got a warning email.

Sent: Wednesday, August 11, 2021 2:27 PM

To: DL_ITIN_SCHEDULING <DLITINSCHEDULING@darden.com>

Subject: Event PEOPLESOFT.PS_PSRPTWKY did not trigger application PS_PSRPTWKY at Wed Aug 11 14:27:06 EDT 2021

The job ZHRP066_%VAR('MSTIS_P1','SERVERS').MV_LH_MGROSTER_FILES_2_ESPTRANS cannot be found in application.

DARDEN Corporation
    Orlando, FL

• 5.  RE: Global variable in File Monitor Events

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 18, 2021 03:39 PM
    Hi Ken,
    So at just job simulation, it will not setup or inherit all the application (APPL) level environment.  When you simulate the application, it will run all the scripts and will inherit any associated variable, resources etc.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto