ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  User authentication in WA DE

Posted Aug 04, 2020 12:14 PM
    Good morning everyone, 
    I am new here and to D series. I have been working with ESP EE on the mainframe for a number of years but not involved in the installation or configuration.

My organization is doing a PoC for dSeries, I have the server, CLI, and Web services installed. I am not looking into the best way to authenticate users across the organization. I know that dSeries can connect to LDAP servers for authenticaiton. But i am wondering if it has the capability of SSO or is LDAP the only option?

Thank you in advance 
    Dustin.

• 2.  RE: User authentication in WA DE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 05, 2020 01:11 AM
    Hi,

SSO is not supported in dSeries.

- Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: User authentication in WA DE

Posted Jun 22, 2021 12:28 PM

Are there any plans to support SSO with WADEWebClient >= 12.2?

Or is there any other non-supported way of proxying authentication to WADEWebClient through some SSO client with SAML or OpenID?

• 4.  RE: User authentication in WA DE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2021 04:42 AM
    Hi,

I will get in touch with you to understand more on the requirements side.

- Ravi Kiran

• 5.  RE: User authentication in WA DE

Posted Apr 22, 2023 12:24 AM

It's been almost 2 years since this last post on the topic of SSO and 2FA.   Has there been any progress made on advanced authentication methods for the ESP dSeries Workload Automation product line?   Our security team would like to see us integrate with Okta, and WADE is one of the last holdouts that doesn't play nice with anything other than LDAP.

• 6.  RE: User authentication in WA DE

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 27, 2023 12:06 AM

SSO and 2FA has not been implemented in the upcoming 12.4 release. We have this feature planned and we will update when we plan to take it up. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience as we continue to improve our product