ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CAWADE & ESP D series the same?

Posted Apr 03, 2020 11:07 AM
    Good morning,
    I am a bit confused and hoping someone can enlighten me.
    Is ESP EE, WADE and ESP dseries all the same product?
    Thanks!
    Sherri

• 2.  RE: CAWADE & ESP D series the same?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2020 11:20 AM
    Hi, 
    There are two products here. They are cousins of each other.  Sometimes people get the names get mixed up. 
    ESP or EE or CA Workload Automation ESP Edition is a scheduler where the master resides on the mainframe. 

DE or WADE or dSeries or CA Workload Automation DE is a scheduler where the master residess on a UNIX or Windows box. 

They were both written by Cybermation and schedule and monitor jobs very similarly.  They can both schedule jobs on the mainframe or on distributed servers. There advantages to either depending on needs. 

Let me know if you have questions...... 

Don

• 3.  RE: CAWADE & ESP D series the same?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2020 06:58 PM
    Hello,
    WA DE and ESP dSeries are the same products.  WA DE (aka DE) has been re-branded as ESP dSeries.
    ESP EE is different as Don mentioned.  It is a scheduler similar to DE but runs on Mainframe only.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: CAWADE & ESP D series the same?

Posted Apr 06, 2020 08:13 AM
    Thank you to the both of you.
    Was there a distributed product before WA DE that was marketed as an ESP distributed platform?
    Sherri

• 5.  RE: CAWADE & ESP D series the same?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2020 08:56 AM
    Hi Sherri, 
    WA DE was the only ESP distributed solution. WADE has had many names. Some of them included ESP in the name.  My favorite name was the first one "Espresso". 

As I mentioned most of our ESP customers schedule distributed workload from ESP. This adds to the confusion. 

Don