ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How do I set a job to perform "job C" only when one of the jobs a "job A" or " job B" is successful

Posted Jul 24, 2020 04:00 AM

How do I set a job to perform  "job C"  only when one of the jobs  a "job A" or " job B" is successful?
    When set to "any job completion of precessor", "JOB C" is performed even if both "job A" and "job B" are FAIL.

Thanks
    WG

• 2.  RE: How do I set a job to perform "job C" only when one of the jobs a "job A" or " job B" is successful

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2020 11:11 AM
    Hi,

See this link.
    You can check Alert and setup a JavaScript in Job A or B.  The alert can run when job A or B fails and then use execCommand to complete A or B then C can run.  You can also use a Bypass feature to bypass a job to run the next job down the line.

HTH,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: How do I set a job to perform "job C" only when one of the jobs a "job A" or " job B" is successful

Posted Jul 28, 2020 04:19 AM
    Hi..
    I would like to set HAN3 to be executed only if both HAN1 and HAN2 JOB are successful, or if only one of HAN1 and HAN2 is successful.
    How should I set it up for this?
    If I set "Any completion of the predecessor", then  HAN3 is executed even if both HAN1 and HAN2 failed.
    Thanks

Please refer below pictures.
    Jib define

setup condition

• 4.  RE: How do I set a job to perform "job C" only when one of the jobs a "job A" or " job B" is successful

Posted Jul 29, 2020 03:31 PM
    On HAN3 can you use this on General Tab - release job when x pred remains?  this might not work if HAN1 and HAN2 run different lengths of time