ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Agent Group Use in the Agent Field

Posted Jun 26, 2020 12:17 PM
    Hi everyone. We have a whole lot of jobs configured to use a variable at the agent field on each job, see below for example. Is there a way to configure the JavaScript to replace that agent name with an agent group instead?

Here is our situation. We are getting away from individual agents and using agentgroups instead for HA purposes. We are trying to reduce the manual changes of selecting agent group (we have a lot of jobs that unfortunately are not inheriting app level defaults) and instead was hoping to simply update the 1 javascript that is used across so many applications.

• 2.  RE: Agent Group Use in the Agent Field

Posted Jun 27, 2020 02:09 AM
    Edited by Andy Reimer Jun 27, 2020 02:18 AM
    I replied, but it was based on a rather poor reading of your original post.  I can't see a way to delete this reply, so I'm editing it.

• 3.  RE: Agent Group Use in the Agent Field
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2020 10:03 AM
    Hi Travis,
    The Agent Group and Agent are two separate fields in the application.  However, you can only have one or the other.  The JavaScript can only provide the variables to jobs to application.  The variables are then plugged in to fields as per your requirements.  To change the agent to agent group the application/job has to be edited.  I will suggest that this be open as an enhancement request here.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------