ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Error message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null

Posted May 11, 2020 04:22 PM
    Edited by Eric Vaughan May 11, 2020 04:23 PM

​Hi

Looking to see if anyone has experienced this issue when their dSeries environment falls over.  On Friday we had a failover due to the application losing connection to the database.  After we failed over to the secondary we had jobs going into a SUBERROR state with the message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null

We never experienced this before as we have failed over many times for one reason or another.  The only way we were able to resolve the issue was to fail back to the primary.  Once we failed back we were able to resubmit the SUBERROR jobs and they all ran without issue.
    Its concerning when we failed over we couldn't run jobs.  We even tried a LINK job (which had no javascript and we got the same error)

We are running:

CA Workload Automation Server Version: 12.2.00.00

Build: 2344

Any help would greatly be appreciated​

• 2.  RE: Error message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 14, 2020 12:57 AM
    Hi,

We need to look at the tracelogs to know the issue . Can you please raise a ticket.

Ravi Kiran

• 3.  RE: Error message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null

Posted May 19, 2020 07:57 AM
    Hi 

We opened a case (31908613) on May 8th.  Support gave us this update:
    We have noticed an issue with File triggers and Oracle DB.  Every now and then, the file trigger will update the event on the DB. However, there is a timing issue and file trigger won't get updated.

So, agent sends an update, and then DE tries to quickly update the table in the Oracle side.  There is some kind of minor delay in the DB and when DE tries to update Oracle returns an exception.  
    We have a patch for R12.1.  I believe that you are on R12.2.
    There is a workaround for now if this happens several times.  The workaround is to enable Default Logging plus RDBMS.  This creates a delay and DB will not throw an exception

However we had to back out the logging from Default Logging plus RDBMS to default because of layency issues after changing logging

• 4.  RE: Error message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null

Posted May 18, 2020 03:19 PM
    Are all job types getting SUBERROR?  Or, 1 job type?

• 5.  RE: Error message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null

Posted May 21, 2020 01:43 PM
    Hi

All jobs seemed to be SFTP job types that received the message.

• 6.  RE: Error message JavaScript could not be executed. The reason is: null
    Best Answer

Posted May 21, 2020 04:15 PM
    we had our own SFTP process set up before DE could do SFTP so we don't use that job type, i was wondering if it was the database agent that runs SQL and Stored procedures.  I think anytime it is specific to one wob type it that is important to call out, I would update your ticket with that info.  

thanks 
    Sharon