ESP dSeries Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  INSERT non selected jobs questions

Posted Apr 28, 2020 04:22 PM
    Edited by SHARON SHIMANEK Apr 28, 2020 04:29 PM
    Hi,
    I have 2 things about insert non selected jobs into an active appliaction.  
    1.  it doesn't appear do not submit before time dep sticks. I inserted a job with 9pm do not submit before time and it ran immediately. 
    2. can we use alerts execCommand to insert non selected jobs
        execCommand ('PXXL000200','%(APPL._name).%APPL._gen', 'ACTION INSERTJOB');
             DM.Appl.XX_MG_RT.24: [2020-04-28_14:55:47.683] ERROR: Command not found for verb ACTION, subverb=INSERTJOB.
        execCommand ('PXXL000200','%(APPL._name).%APPL._gen', 'ACTION INSERT');
             ERROR: Job XX_MG_RT.26.PXXL000200 could not be inserted. The error is: Job XX_MG_RT.26.PXXL000200 was not inserted because keyword Type was not specified.

• 2.  RE: INSERT non selected jobs questions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 29, 2020 10:32 AM
    Hi Sharon,
    The active application should take the time wait settings.  I noticed that if I set submit between next few minutes to few hours the job runs immediately.  If I set it more than 12 hours or next day then job goes in Waiting.  This appears to be an issue with DE side and you should open a support issue.
    As for INSERTJOB, I don't see this listed.  Here is the list of all the actions available for execCommand.

Thank you,
    Nitin Pande

------------------------------
    Support
    Broadcom
    Toronto
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: INSERT non selected jobs questions
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 29, 2020 10:58 AM
    Thanks Nitin, I will open a case on the jobs not waiting for start time.  thanks for this list also, i was searching for that :)
    I can accomplish what i need by having a job load with request only checked and then request it when needed.  The only thing i found there is i had to do a delay so the alert to request the job had time to trigger before job bypassed but that is minor.

Sharon